Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
He may have the credentials and position but seemed like he had no time or interest at my appointment show details He may have the credentials and position but seemed like he had no time or interest at my appointment
Apr 2nd, 2015

This was the worst Dr.'s appointment I've had. Short, disengaged, uninterested.

An outstanding surgeon and person show details An outstanding surgeon and person
by Richard Seabright on Jul 3rd, 2014

Dr. Ruckenstein is an expert in cochlear implants - he even wrote a book on the subject. That's why I chose him and I was not disappointed! He is a great surgeon and has an amazing team working with him. He is the best and I am doing great! Thank you Dr. Ruckenstein

Best I have seen show details Best I have seen
by John F on Mar 29th, 2014

I have had ear problems all my life. I have been to multiple surgeons. The last 2 surgeons I saw told me to see Dr. Ruckenstein. They were right. He fixed my right ear so I no longer get infections. He always greeted me with a smile. If you have an ear problem he is the one to see

by Jeremy Oliver on Jun 11th, 2013

I am stunned after a visit with Dr. Ruckenstein that lasted no more than a minute, including the time it took him to blow his nose. Having had trouble with ears feeling blocked for many years, I was looking forward to seeing a specialist. For him to simply look in the ears and say there was no wax and walk out, at a cost to me of about $1 per second, and income to him no doubt of considerably more, is unconscionable. I will not waste further time on him. For all I know, he may be a fine surgeon, in which case he should probably stick to walking into the room once the patient is under general anæsthetic.

insufficient show details insufficient
May 17th, 2013

I have been bi-laterally cochlear implanted by this Dr. Bedside manner is terrible. Both times different concerns after surgery & he NEVER contacted me himself, he let the on call staff assist me & I KNEW MORE THAN THEY DID. He is impersonal and treated me as though I was below him & he did not have time for me. I will NOT return for reimplantation to this doctor. 2xs was plenty to be treated in such an unprofessional manner.

Jan 30th, 2013

did a "Hack job" on my left ear

top doc show details top doc
May 30th, 2012

Dr. Ruckenstein was professional and caring during my appointment. My surgery and follow up were without problems. I would highly recommend this doctor.

excellent overall show details excellent overall
May 30th, 2012

Dr. Ruckenstein implanted my left ear with an AB Cochlear implant. From surgery to follow up I only have the highest option of Dr. Ruckenstein.

One of the best show details One of the best
Apr 24th, 2012

One of the best ear doctors around... I recently had ear surgery performed by doctor ruckenstein and I have absolutely no complaints.. If your looking for a good doc who knows his field you can't go wrong with him... I've never waited more then 10 mins to get seen by him either which is a plus.. Overall I'd give him a 5 star rating

ZERO communication show details ZERO communication
Apr 23rd, 2012

No communication with me, the patient, at all. No questions or opportunity to mention any of the symptoms, details, anything about an ailment that is not yet diagnosed. You would think at least one of the inputs desired would be the patient's experiences.

Will not go back to see this doctor show details Will not go back to see this doctor
Feb 8th, 2012

It is very unpleasant to talk with this doctor. After waiting for over 50 minutes, he rushed me out! The diagnosis was ridiculous. Not sure how can a doctor like him be elected as a top doctor???

recommend show details recommend
Feb 7th, 2012

I have been going to several ent doctors for over 30 yrs and had several surgeons for my ear problems.I have always have good experiences with dr. Ruckenstein and his staff is caring.As my surgeon he has been efficient and the fastest recovery time.He will continue to be my ent for my future apointments.

Disappointing for big city doctor show details Disappointing for big city doctor
Sep 24th, 2011

When the doctor sees you an hour late with no apology for his tardiness, it was a sign. The three minute visit wasn't worth the wait. Without a real diagnosis or explanation, some blanket statements were made which in no way explained the symptoms. A second opinion is definitely in order.

When there is a problem... he blames anxiety show details When there is a problem... he blames anxiety
Jan 5th, 2011

had Stapendectomy May 2010... its now January 2011.. and still having problems... I was normal the day I went in for operation... now I have nystagmus... diagnosed by two North Jersey Doctors... Long story short...He did the surgery.. and he don't care what happens after!

by B. A. Handler on Aug 10th, 2010

I waited in the examination room for 40 minutes before Dr. Ruckenstein appeared. He went through the motions, asked no follow-up questions, gave patronizing answers, and confirmed a diagnosis. My first and last visit with Dr. Rushenstein.

Jun 24th, 2009

recommend against. Care is lacking. Concern for you as patient is nonexistent. Nonresponsive.

best of the best show details best of the best
Jun 18th, 2009

a great surgeon. have been to many ear doctors. he is without question the best.

Saw Dr. Ruckenstein At the University O Pennsyvania Hospital. show details Saw Dr. Ruckenstein At the University O Pennsyvania Hospital.
by Citysearch User on Apr 6th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Due to the unexplained dizziness I was experiencing, it was suggested that I get my ears thoroughly examined. While they found a hearing lo...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com