Dr. Michael Ruckenstein Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Ruckenstein?

Exceptional Surgeon

Posted on October 25th, 2016

I went to an ENT in South Jersey for loss of hearing in my right ear and a clogged feeling. After reviewing my CT films he told me I had a tumor in my middle ear and he had never seen this before so he referred me to Dr Ruckenstein. So glad that he did. It did take about a month to get my initial appointment (he's very busy) but he was worth the wait. Dr Ruckenstein performed the surgery and said that it was more extensive then he thought. He was caring and has seen me for four follow-up appointments and will continue to monitor my ear to make sure the tumor doesn't grow back. He is very knowledgeable and I'm so glad I had such an exceptional surgeon. I could have lost my hearing permanently if I had a different doctor. Some people have posted that he doesn't have a great "bedside manner" but he has always been polite to me. I would rather have an excellent doctor who knows what he's doing than a doctor who is friendly but ruins my ear.

Posted on April 20th, 2016

Seemed to listen attentively. Disappointed that the whole exam was not done, but saw what the issue was right away, guessing that the rest of the exam was not needed. Would like to have had the hearing reading before leaving the office.

Posted on April 18th, 2016

He restored my hearing when other doctors could not help me.

patient

Posted on March 25th, 2016

Bad experiences with Dr. Ruckenstein He done a lousy job on my cochlear implant

He may have the credentials and position but seemed like he had no time or interest at my appointment

Posted on April 2nd, 2015

This was the worst Dr.'s appointment I've had. Short, disengaged, uninterested.

An outstanding surgeon and person

Posted on July 3rd, 2014

Dr. Ruckenstein is an expert in cochlear implants - he even wrote a book on the subject. That's why I chose him and I was not disappointed! He is a great surgeon and has an amazing team working with him. He is the best and I am doing great! Thank you Dr. Ruckenstein

Best I have seen

Posted on March 29th, 2014

I have had ear problems all my life. I have been to multiple surgeons. The last 2 surgeons I saw told me to see Dr. Ruckenstein. They were right. He fixed my right ear so I no longer get infections. He always greeted me with a smile. If you have an ear problem he is the one to see

Posted on June 11th, 2013

I am stunned after a visit with Dr. Ruckenstein that lasted no more than a minute, including the time it took him to blow his nose. Having had trouble with ears feeling blocked for many years, I was looking forward to seeing a specialist. For him to simply look in the ears and say there was no wax and walk out, at a cost to me of about $1 per second, and income to him no doubt of considerably more, is unconscionable. I will not waste further time on him. For all I know, he may be a fine surgeon, in which case he should probably stick to walking into the room once the patient is under general anæsthetic.

insufficient

Posted on May 17th, 2013

I have been bi-laterally cochlear implanted by this Dr. Bedside manner is terrible. Both times different concerns after surgery & he NEVER contacted me himself, he let the on call staff assist me & I KNEW MORE THAN THEY DID. He is impersonal and treated me as though I was below him & he did not have time for me. I will NOT return for reimplantation to this doctor. 2xs was plenty to be treated in such an unprofessional manner.

Posted on January 30th, 2013

did a "Hack job" on my left ear

top doc

Posted on May 30th, 2012

Dr. Ruckenstein was professional and caring during my appointment. My surgery and follow up were without problems. I would highly recommend this doctor.

excellent overall

Posted on May 30th, 2012

Dr. Ruckenstein implanted my left ear with an AB Cochlear implant. From surgery to follow up I only have the highest option of Dr. Ruckenstein.