Dr. Michael Chang Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Chang?

Posted on July 7th, 2016

I have my life back! Prior to the surgery, I was only able to walk for 100 steps w/o severe pain. This confined me to the house. Now, I'm walking 1 mile a day, shopping attending events and am pain free. The staff was there from the beginning answering any questions I had and of course there during the recovering period!

Never say it can't be done

Posted on July 15th, 2015

II have had three previous spinal surgeries between 2007 and 2009. Each surgeon told me that their corrections were the very best and THAT there was very little hope I would walk or stand upright ever again. They were so wrong. Dr.Chang gave me those two gifts, standing and walking. He is mine and my family's hero!!!

Paralyzed after surgery

Posted on March 2nd, 2015

In late 2012 I had a spinal fusion revision performed by M. Chang. Within 2 days I was paralyzed from the waist down. Within 1 week he performed 2 more surgery's to try to correct the problem which he said was a hematoma in my spine. They were not successful. Hematoma's are a result of some sort of trauma to an area. I am currently still confined to a wheelchair with little bladder or bowel control. Prior to having this surgery on a visit with him he stated that although this surgery would be somewhat difficult, it would not require him to get into his "bag of tricks" to perform it. He also stated that he had never paralyzed anyone before. After the 3rd surgery and it became apparent that the paralysis may be permanent, he never came back to see me again, even though I spent a month in rehab at the same hospital he works from. To this day he has never tried to contact me to see if my condition has improved or not. You would think that if I was the first patient of his that this has happened to he would take some interest in the outcome. Needless to say my life has been completely destroyed. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Doctor's Response

Sonoran Spine conducted an appropriate review, and there is no record or indication of any paralysis alleged to have resulted from any surgical procedure performed by Dr. Chang. The allegation regarding paralysis was posted anonymously and appears to be incorrect. Because the posting was anonymous, Sonoran Spine has no way of following up with the author regarding any concerns about the treatment and care he or she received. Nevertheless, Sonoran Spine encourages the author or any other patient who believes he or she has not received exceptional care to contact Jan Revella, RN at (480) 962-0071 to discuss the situation and arrange for any necessary follow up care.

This is the doctor your looking for, bar none.

Posted on February 13th, 2015

It would be a mistake NOT to see Dr. Chang for any spinal issues. Look at Dr. Chang's training and its clear to see he is most qualified. I had a Laminectomy on L-3,4,5. I am now TOTALLY pain free. Do your homework and above all DO NOT go to The Core Institute or Laser Spine Institute, I can assure you that it is a patient mill. Chang is defiantly the doctor for all spiral issues. The staff, hospital and follow up care is second to none.

Exceptional Physician

Posted on April 1st, 2014

Dr. Chang is a very skilled and highly educated surgeon. He treats his patients with the upmost respect and dignity. He was very professional and fully explained my situation with me. I struggled for years due to a debilitating injury to my back and Dr. Chang was able to fuse my discs and align my spine near perfect. I still have some pain due to years of waiting to have it repaired but all in all he did a miraculous job. (He's the God of back Surgery). that said, Stay away from the pain Management Dr. Mousallaie after Dr. Chang releases you to adjust your meds once the final healing is done. Dr Mousallaie will keep you in constant misery and pain, maybe because he gets a thrill from it? I don't know but he is very arrogant, so find a different Pain management Dr. if you're smart and serious about the long recovery to a healthy lifestyle.

Ms. Jane Martin

Posted on July 31st, 2012

Dr. Chang is one of the most skilled spinal surgeon in the country, tackling the most complex of spinal problems. After eight back surgeries, a morphine pump implant, and my spine at a 45 degree angle to the ground, Dr Chang undertook a challenging & complex surgery with compassion, understanding, and great skill. Thanks to Dr. Chang at 71 yrs of age, I'm finally standing straight & tall & nearly free from pain. Highly recommend him.

Consummate Professional

Posted on July 6th, 2012

Dr Chang stays exrodinarily focused on the task at hand and is near clairvoyant when it comes to understanding the nature of the problems associated with scoliosis. I expect someday his name will be synonomous with the surgical corrective surgery. I consider myself extremely fortunate to call him my surgeon.

Posted on July 21st, 2017