Michael S. Chang, MD, PHD

1255 W. Rio Salado Pkwy.
Suite 107
Tempe, AZ 85281
(480) 962-0071
Locations and availability (2)

|  Exceptional Physician  |  show details
by Joe P on Apr 1st, 2014

Dr. Chang is a very skilled and highly educated surgeon. He treats his patients with the upmost respect and dignity. He was very professional and fully explained my situation with me. I struggled for years due to a debilitating injury to my back and Dr. Chang was able to fuse my discs and align my spine near perfect. I still have some pain due to years of waiting to have it repaired but all in all he did a miraculous job. (He's the God of back Surgery). that said, Stay away from the pain Management Dr. Mousallaie after Dr. Chang releases you to adjust your meds once the final healing is done. Dr Mousallaie will keep you in constant misery and pain, maybe because he gets a thrill from it? I don't know but he is very arrogant, so find a different Pain management Dr. if you're smart and serious about the long recovery to a healthy lifestyle.

|  Dr Michael Chang,s change in attitude  |  show details
by Anonymous on Nov 22nd, 2013

Dr. Chang was nice initially. A bit vague in explaining what he called a simple procedure. When there were complications from the surgery his attitude became very condescending and arrogant. He seemed very annoyed and clearly expressed that to me. I was treated like a child. This is not something I did! This is clearly a complication of his surgery. I just want him to fix it. He clearly has an ego and treated me poorly. I would never refer him to anyone.

|  Ms. Jane Martin  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

Dr. Chang is one of the most skilled spinal surgeon in the country, tackling the most complex of spinal problems. After eight back surgeries, a morphine pump implant, and my spine at a 45 degree angle to the ground, Dr Chang undertook a challenging & complex surgery with compassion, understanding, and great skill. Thanks to Dr. Chang at 71 yrs of age, I'm finally standing straight & tall & nearly free from pain. Highly recommend him.

|  Consummate Professional  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2012

Dr Chang stays exrodinarily focused on the task at hand and is near clairvoyant when it comes to understanding the nature of the problems associated with scoliosis. I expect someday his name will be synonomous with the surgical corrective surgery. I consider myself extremely fortunate to call him my surgeon.

|  Top notch spine suugeon  |  show details
Jan 2nd, 2011

I have spine problems for over 8 years, basically leg pains and lower back pains due to arthritis and disk degeneration. I had a disk surgery earlier on but additional problems soon follows. Mr. Chang performed a lower lumbar surgery on me and so far I would say this surgery relief most major pains. I feel very positive about Mr. Chang's superb abilities in spine treatment.