A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Chen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Chen, Cardiologist is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Chen, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 24 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implant
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Carotid Stenosis
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Murmurs
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Chen graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia.
Dr. Chen has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Frederick Memorial Hospital
- Laurel Regional Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Chen MD is a male Internist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Michael Chen practice?
- Dr. Michael Chen has 4 office locations.
Dr. Michael Chen practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near Germantown, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Laurel, MD and Rockville, MD.
See Germantown Internists and Germantown Cardiologists.