A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Chen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Chen, Cardiologist is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Chen
Erectile Dysfunction Patient Education What is ED? Read our erectile dysfunction patient education guide to learn all about ED and how to treat erection problems.Before Visiting Dr. Chen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Chen, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 24 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implant
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Carotid Stenosis
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Murmurs
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Chen graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia.
Dr. Chen has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Frederick Memorial Hospital
- Laurel Regional Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Sung-Chieh Chen MD is a male Internist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Michael S. Chen practice?
- Dr. Michael Chen has 4 office locations.
Dr. Michael Chen practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near Germantown, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Rockville, MD and Olney, MD.
See Germantown Internists and Germantown Cardiologists.