A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Edwards:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Edwards is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Brain Cancer
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Spinal Cancer
- Spinal Cord Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Edwards graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Edwards has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy General Hospital
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Edwards accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Santa Clara Family Health Plan - 3 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Hometown Health Plan - 2 plans
- Health Plan of Nevada - 5 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael S. Edwards practice?
Dr. Michael Edwards practices Neurological Surgery near Stanford, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Palo Alto, CA and Reno, NV.
See Stanford Surgeons.