Dr. Michael Katz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Katz?

October 25th, 2016

Wonderful physician

Dr. Katz is a very thorough, personable, caring physician. Never felt rushed. He takes all the time needed to speak with his patients to learn about them in order to do a proper diagnosis. Very patient. Explains and put medical lingo into layman's terms. Felt very comfortable with him.

March 17th, 2016

Very Poor Communication

I have to agree with some of the other reviews about this practice. The communication is virtually non-existent. This is particularly disturbing when dealing with kidney disease. I waited over 3 weeks for a return phone call that never came. I also attempted e-mail and was told they would get back with me the next day. I finally had to find another doctor because I could not allow my kidney function to deteriorate more because this office can not take the time to respond.

April 2nd, 2015

Bright, thorough, and listens well.

October 17th, 2013

Excellence at its best

I have been a patient of Dr. Micahel Katz since 1999. He is an excellent doctor with an extraordinary bedside manner. Not only does he listen attentively to your concerns but he also discusses options with you. Dr. Katz truly cares about the well being of his patients. His staff, specifically his nurse Adrienne is also one of a kind. She is attentive, prompt, courteous, professional and ALWAYS returns a call within a reasonable amount of time. I am not sure what doctor/office some of these other reviewers are referring to, but doctor Dr.Katz and Adrienne are the best. I actually look forward to my visits to his office.

April 7th, 2013

Saved my mom's life

Dr. Katz and his assistant Adrienne are wonderful. I don't understand the complaints others have posted here. Yes, it can be difficult to get a call-back, but I find that is common to all providers. My mom's previous nephrologist only looked at one set of bloodwork, saw her once for about 5 minutes and immediately wanted her on dialysis, at the dialysis clinic next door, which he owned, "coincidentally". She had no right to a dialogue, no right to question his "authority", nothing. So she decided to get a second opinion and Dr. Katz was recommended by a friend. It was the best decision she ever made...five years later her kidney function has, until the past month, remained stable. Now we have to look at dialysis as reality and we trust Dr. Katz's guidance. He is very concerned about quality of life and if you're doing what he recommends, he is quite friendly. If you decide to do as you please, then he will be stern. Patients have to remember that they go to specialists for a reason and have to be willing to follow the doctor's advice, take ownership of their health.

March 29th, 2013

Former patient

Will not return calls. Staff is slow and unresponsive when medical attentiveness is needed. Do not use this group of doctors. We had been going to Dr. Lowance in this group for 30 years and after his retirement tried to use Katz as our primary doctor. Staff will not return calls, prescriptions are slow to come even though we go for physicals once a year and were told by Katz to have the pharmacy call for refills. Any pharmaceuticals that require written prescriptions are never mailed out and require repeated phone calls to even be addressed at all. Katz does not appear to care about patient relations and his staff definitely does not. This group appears to be in transition and not in a good way. Fortunately for us, we are fairly healthy. I am looking for a new doctor.

February 24th, 2012

Have been a patient for a very long time. He is a good doctor but not a good manager. He does not return calls nor does his staff. He says his staff does not give him the messages. His staff says he piles them on his messy desk and they get hidden. Who is telling the truth? Bottom line is patients are lost if they need him.

April 1st, 2011

Best Dr ever

Dr Katz is a very caring and wonderful dr. He will go that extra mile to make you feel better. I have been with him for many years and would never use another doctor! Such a dedicated person to his patients!

March 4th, 2011

I just love Dr Katz - as a wife of a chronically ill person, and a nurse that has seen many doctors, he is the best! I trust him 100%, which I can't say for any other Dr we've encountered EVER!

June 28th, 2010

Good listner

I have been seeing Micheal Katz for 9 years. He has been an excelllent doctor for my nephrological needs. I would reccommend him to anyone I know in need of a nephrologist.

January 2nd, 2009

Dr Katz is the most caring, understanding and personable Doctors that God put on this earth

August 23rd, 2017