Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor, General Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  sub patient  |  show details
by omar on Aug 28th, 2014

My initial impression of Dr. Levy was that of a shrewd man who was blowing things out of proportion. I didnt realize how much the chemicals had consumed me. I'm college educated in pharmacology, and have spent 100's of hour reading medical journals and testimonials about addiction. I had very little faith in this treatment as I had been off from all substances for 6 months last year, however the cravings never did stop. And just like the lays slogan I'll bet you cant have just one, so was true with the substances I ended up back on em again for almost a year before seeking help. His treatment program has improved the my quality of life significantly and has brought back hope. And in retrospect it was my denial rather than his attitude which was the problem.

|  Run!! Greedy old man!!  |  show details
by Sue p on Apr 24th, 2014

I paid for a friend's addiction treatment because the family business of 20 yrs. failed and they had no money. She is a beautiful 25 year old, with working skills and a lot of promise. I was told it was $360 (paid in advance by credit card) and $180 for meds, $160 for follow up visits. My friend went and was told the whole program would be $3700!!! His comment was "you would spend more than that on drugs". My friend has started getting money by stealing, then her friends started supplying "at no cost"........

|  Receptionist  |  show details
by Cynthia Kay on Feb 25th, 2014

I was a patient of Dr. levy Years ago when he was the only Dr. I could find to help me with my addiction.Dr. Levy did not even act as if he cared about my recovery. I hated going to see him,,it was obviuos his main concern is the money. The good with the bad is the way I saw it. Once you are I was a patient of Dr. levy Years ago when he was the only Dr. I could find to help me with my addiction.Dr. Levy did not even act as if he cared about my recovery. I hated going to see him,,it was obviuos his main concern is the money. The good with the bad is the way I saw it. After I was off no longer forking ouI was a patient of Dr. levy Years ago when he was the only Dr. I could find to help me with my addiction.Dr. Levy did not even act as if he cared about my recovery. I hated going to see him,,it was obviuos his main concern is the money. The good witI was a patient of Dr. levy Years ago when he was the only Dr. I could find to help me with my addiction.Dr. Levy did not even act as if he cared about my recovery. I hated going to see him,,it was obviuos his main concern is the money. The good with the bad is the the bad is the way I saw it.I called his office I was a patient of Dr. levy Years ago when he was the only Dr. I could find to help me with my addiction.Dr. Levy did not even act as if he cared about my recovery. I hated going to see him,,it was obviuos his main concern is the money. The goodI was a patient of Dr. levy Years ago when he was the only Dr. I could find to help me with my addiction.Dr. Levy did not even act as if he cared about my recovery. I hated going to see him,,it was obviuos his main concern is the money. The good with the with the bad is the way I saw it. The program is 100% . There are other Dr. now that can do the same thing . A dear I was a patient of Dr. levy Years ago when he was the only Dr. I could find to help me with my addiction.Dr. Levy did not even act as if he cared about my recovery. I hated going to see him,,it was obviuos his main concern is the money. The good with the bad is the way I saw it. A dear friend needed help so I got on the phone & no surprise he does not take insurance. I did find however, there are clinics that do the same thing for less than 1/2 the cost & no matter what the Dr. is like he has to have a better bedside manner than Dr. levy

|  This program saved me  |  show details
by Kim on Nov 17th, 2013

I am a 43 year-old mom, cancer patient, who had been taking opiate pain medication off and on since my cancer treatment. Over the past year, I was prescribed more and more percocet to control my increasing pain levels. However...I found myself taking the medication even when I didn't need it, and realized I had myself a problem. I also knew from previous experience that discontinuing opiates is a very painful process, at least the way I had tried to do it before I met Dr Levy. He was very kind, knowledgeable, and left me feeling like he really cared about me as a person. He didn't pull any punches when it came to my level of addiction, but he discussed with me in a very respectful way- he was able to convey how serious the problem was without making me feel bad about myself in any way. He prescribed the Suboxone, with specific instructions as to when to start, how often, etc. The next day, I did start to have withdrawals, which we knew would happen. The key is to take the Suboxone when you really start to go into withdrawals, and he gave me very good, detailed signs to look for. Since my first dose of Suboxone, the withdrawals have been minimal. I was able to go to work right away. Now, I had withdrawn from opiates a couple of years ago, before I knew of Dr Levy, and the experience was brutal- just like you see in the movies when people withdraw from heroin. This time, with Dr Levy's help, once I started the Suboxone I haven't felt much at all in the way of withdrawals, although I know they are happening. It has been amazing. What is most amazing is that I have been given my life back. I have had at least 5 people I know (who have no idea what's going on) ask me what's different about me, because I look so happy and great. I don't feel like I am in prison any more- before I felt like I was being held hostage by the medication. Opiate dependance can happen to anyone, and getting help from Dr Levy made possible what seemed impossible at the time. I have dealt with a lot of different doctors in my life, and most don't have good bedside manner in my experience. Dr Levy cares, and you can tell when you talk to him. His staff is very courteous and respectful. We all work so we can make money, and Dr Levy is definitely worth the money that this program costs. One small comment I have is that I wish they would bill insurance, as the program is expensive. I would love to participate in the outpatient program they have, but simply can't afford it. Not many people can come up with that kind of money, so perhaps in the future they could consider a payment plan for the outpatient program? I get so much out of seeing him, I just feel like I am missing out by not having the means to participate in the full scope of treatment he has to offer. Thank you, Dr Levy! You have truly changed my life!!!

Jul 1st, 2013

I have seen Dr. Levy for many years. He was very nice at first and I liked him and Linda (only person on staff) a lot. When I started seeing him I was forced into it but approached it positively since I did not like the direction my life was going in. I had no self confidence, no voice and no self soothing skills so I abused alcohol. Dr. Levy had me go into his out patient class 2x thru the years. I already knew all the info the OP provided (you can read a book or get the info on line) and probably could have taught the class myself. He said I had to have frequent visits with him @$160.00 for 10-15 min and nothing was ever accomplished with these visits. He would ask "How are you doing" "Do you have any cravings" "Are you going to meetings" and that was it.He also referred me to his business associates ( Therapist, Attorneys ect) who would always go along with Dr Levy's advice. As I got stronger and more self confidence (Through God) I realized that Dr. Levy and his associates were not helping but were bringing me down with their "control methods and labeling". I didn't feel like a person that had many accomplishes in my life. I was nothing but a alcoholic. He missed several other issues with me such as depression, C-PTSD and ADHD (all since childhood). When my MD tried to give me meds to help I didn't take because I was afraid of Dr. Levy drug tests. One time my MD had given me 1 prescription pill while in her office for a migraine, it showed up on Dr. Levy's drug tests. When Dr. Levy asked me about it I told him the truth and even though I rarely ever take a prescription pill for anything and have never tested positive for any drug he had me feeling like I had done something horrible, that my main Dr really had not given it to me and that I was now going to drugs since I had not been consuming alcohol. Linda, Dr Levy's office manager would book me appointments without my approval, then I was accused of a no-show. Some days she will be kinda nice for a few min but most of the time she is not a very nice person. Her moods change in a drop of a dime then forms her own opinions and logs them into your personal progress notes. Dr Levy and Linda started accusing me of things I did not do, gave bad reports and letters to attorneys when I stated I couldn't afford the cost of his services anymore. It was a child custody case and my belief is that he would just about do anything to keep patients and the money coming in. I have so much more I could say about my nightmare with Dr. Levy and Linda but I believe my point was made. I changed attorneys, changed therapists and stopped Dr. Levy and have never felt more alive and strong in my life...I finally have my voice. Also I had been re-diagnosed as abusing alcohol not an alcoholic. I got on meds for ADHD and for my C-PTSD so no reason/need to self-medicate and life is great!!! For those who gave such positive reports (as I did for first few years having no support or self confidence) I truly hope Dr. levy can help guide you to where you need to be. For those who wrote not so good reports I hope you found the right person to help. For everyone trust in God for he is the light, the truth, the love and the ANSWER!!! P.S. Joel Osteen and Charles Stanely give some really great messages!

Mar 26th, 2013

I read the negative review and wow I was shocked, not the experience I had at all with Dr. Levy, I am a 20 year alcoholic and am so grateful I found Dr. Levy. 2 years sober and loving my life, I did see him weekly at first and yes he is very strict but knows addicts and we have to be commited to getting better, He did recommend his 6 week treatment program or any but said I needed treatment, but i went with a outpatient program with my insurance and he was right the information I learned was amazing and has helped me this far. I would recommend him to anyone. His staff are caring and concerned the over all experience is what helped me heal.

|  Nurse  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2012

I have been in treatment with Dr Levy for a year for opiod dependence, when I first started I was very sceptical but as time went on and with each visit Dr. and his staff made me feel very confortable, I liked that his waiting room was not packed with patients, so you were never afraid of someone you know walking in, but they also told me they take great strides in protecting patients. I have been clean for 9 months, he had recommended to me in the beinging I needed treatment but I told him I could not affored his, he said did not have to be his but I needed it. I went to a different program that my Insurance paid for, I learned some but now wish I had worked it out to go through Dr. Levy's program. I am most gratful to Dr Levy and his staff for beinging there with me through the whole process, I do not think I could have made it 1 year sober without them. Thank you Dr Levy, Linda and Dianne

|  Lortab Addiction  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2012

Dr. Levy and his staff are great, I feel he saved my life and gave me back the quality of life I was missing.

Jan 31st, 2012

Dr. Levy was and always has been the most professional and caring doctor in this field. He helped save my life as well as many other addicts I know. I highly recommend his services to any person in need of an addiction specialist.

|  Receptionist  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2011

Dr. Levy saved my marriage and husbands life through his treatment of alcohol. My husband is 1 year clean and sober. Great great doctor. I highly recommend him to anyone looking to clean up there life.

Aug 11th, 2010

Dr. Levy gave me an overall nervous feeling throughout the duration of our visits. I felt like he was looking down on me and gave me the arched eyebrow look when I'd disclose what I was taking and the amounts. I felt like he was reprimanding me at times and not understanding of this very personal and hard process that one goes through during a decision to get help. He charges a lot of money for the initial visit and insists that you follow up the very next day to see how the medication is working. He prescribed me my medications and told me the amounts that I was allowed to take. Well when I followed up with him and told him how I had taken the meeds, which was how he prescribed I was questioned and asked several questions about if I really needed it and told I wasn't taking it right. I found it very upsetting that he prescribed it that way and was almost testing me to see how I actually took it. He needs to understand that an addicted person doesn't need to feel victimized but supported and if he prescribes something he should expect that person to take it that way. I understand that he wants what's best for his clients and to not substitute one addiction for another but he needs to realize that I was in the very early stages of my treatment. After the 24 hour follow up I was told I needed to come back in 2 days, so in one week I saw him 3 times which was about $800, not including the very pricy medication. Then he offers a treatment program of his own which is $3,700 in full if you choose to do so. He doesn't push it on you but if someone is seeking help, it shouldn't break the bank. I am sure his demeanor may be suited for some people, but I just didn't feel compassion or understanding. I felt lectured and as if I was talking to my father and needed to face consequences of bad behavior. I have since found a new doctor and come to find out, my dosages were actually very low and he was surprised at the lecturing. Plus he's a third of the cost. Dr. Levy also makes a lot of money for only spending a maximum of 15 minutes with me. He was never disrespectful, he just made me feel nervous and intimidated and I dreaded the next appt for fear of a lecture.

|  Dr. Levy as a rehab doctor should switch to car sales...  |  show details
by A PATIENT OF HIS IN 2010 on Jun 30th, 2010

Dr. Levy is a doctor who believes he is the best in the business at what he does as an outpatient rehab doctor for alcohol to prescription pills. He talks himself up and does not delivery. He charges $3,700 for outpatient meetings that he doesn't even facilitate himself. His person assistant named Linda tries to also sell you one Dr. Levy's intensive outpatient program. She will tell you that the six month class covers all costs and you get a 6 month after care (which is basically going to Dr. Levy's outpatient meetings on Monday for one hour.) Linda will not tell you that the doctor will want and nearly force you to see him weekly at $160 and will talk to you for five minutes. He has no more care in him he has been in the business over 25 years and now seems to only care about his retirement fund. He is money hungry. I have not heard anyone personally say good things about him but I still went and he sold me on his credentials, made me sign a contract and cared less and less as each week went bye. Addicts need more help than him. Its a waste of $5,000 and on top of that he only takes one insurance. So don't expect him to take any major insurances providers because he will have to except less money than patients paying out of pocket. My experience was horrible, he didn't hold up his end of his agreement and should retire but he see's there is a lot of money to be made right now in this business and most likely won't go away for a while. Be careful and ask A LOT OF QUESTIONS IF YOU DECIDE TO SEEK HELP FROM THIS DOCTOR AND EXPECT TO PAY A LOT OF MONEY FOR AN OUTPATIENT PROGRAM.