A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Machen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Machen is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Machen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Pediatric Orthopaedics
Education & Awards
Dr. Machen graduated from Uniformed Services University, Bethesda.
Dr. Machen has 4 hospital affiliations:
- R. E. Thomason General Hospital
- University Med Center of El Paso
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Machen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Evercare - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 6 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Humana - 12 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan