A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Machen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Machen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Machen
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Machen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Machen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Pediatric Orthopaedics
Education & Awards
Dr. Machen graduated from Uniformed Services University, Bethesda. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Machen has 4 hospital affiliations:
- R. E. Thomason General Hospital
- University Hospital Of El Paso
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Shaun Machen MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 20 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Michael S. Machen practice?
- Dr. Michael Machen has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Machen practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Salt Lake City, UT.
See Salt Lake City Surgeons and Salt Lake City Orthopedic Surgeons.