Dr. Michael Maher MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

July 27th, 2016
Very good doc
I went to Meyer while in a crisis, or brought to his office rather, and for about a year he worked extensively and without a fee. I believe partly he was intrigued of my psychology and knew the importance for receiving it because my age and future. I'm autistic, and my social skills and confidence lacked; somehow this man, Michael Scott Meyers, changed all of that for me for free, and returned my psyche to better comprehensive state, I feel far more skilled and capable as a result. It's been a few years since then, however I attribute my behavioral changes much to his psychiatry. He can do psychoanalysis, and cognitive behavioral changes, and it's helped substantially. Thanks Meyer, if you see this message.

July 18th, 2016
Patient, 4 years
this isn't a good doctor if there's an established problem already, or you're looking for medication, or a friend who'll to be a supportive ear. However, when there's an unknown, and you know that exists and don't know what is the problem, or you're altered by a brain abnormality, etc, this is a great doctor that can bring about new change

January 10th, 2016
Dr. Maher lead me to two suicide attempts
Dr. Maher seems to be a nice guy, but he is clearly incompetent as a physician and useless for talk therapy. After he had brain surgery a few years ago, he especially went down hill as far as dosing, remembering what drugs are good for what. His bedside manner is calm and easy, yet he will easily insult you. He does not talk to you about problems sich as weight, he just makes nasty comments. For example, I ask him if gravity boots would help back pain and he replied in a smug manner, "they might, but they wouldn't hold you up." I am at most 25 pounds overweight. He has insulted me about my weight, intelligence, being non creative amoung other things. If you try and talk to him, he gets insulted and would no longer seem me except for med checks. With Affordable healthcare, my insurance would no longer cover visits to him, and after I told him this, he would not give me my medications until I could see another doctor. He refused to even return my calls and tell me that he would not give me medication. This resulted in 2 attempted suicides and finally a long stay in the hospital, where he refused to even return the hospital calls. I do not know if this is a result of his brain surgery or he just will have nothing to do with you if he does not get paid. He also had a set of adult twin sons who he talks about consistently, he is worse than a woman about that. Neither live in Florida and he takes extended vacations to see them, so he will eaily be gone for 2 and 3 week about 8 or more times a year. He needs to retire if he would rather be with his kids than be a doctor. Also, he gave me all the wrong diagnosis and basically just sedated me, but never helped the problems. After seeing a new and competent doctor, nothing he treated me for was accurate. I wasted seven years of my life and almost lost my life due to this man, and he could have cared less. I felt betrayed. My new doctor have given me totally different diagnosis and medications and after 2 months, I am a completely new person with a life. Leaving me without any medication and abandoning me without even a referal to another doctor lead me to the suicide attempts and the horrific hospital stay. This could have been easily avoided with two months of medication. I am so happy that he is no longer my doctor, but I will never forgive him for the way he handled this situation or for loosing 7 years of my life inept treatment. I would NEVER recommend him, not even to my worst enemy. Don't let your life be wasted by this sorry excuse for a human being, or more kindly he just is no longer qualified to be responsible after his brain surgery. I do hope the later is the case. I hate to think he has been doing this to people for over 30 years!!!

August 31st, 2015