Dr. Michael Obrien Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Obrien?

July 12th, 2017

Problem with Marilyn

Dr. Obrien is an excellent surgeon and His PA is awesome. They always take great care of my son. His staff member Marilyn is rude and lately incompetent and doesn't know how to do her job. She is extremely rude and refusing to get paperwork to the right people in order to get referrals approved. I have never had a problem till now and it is taking multiple calls to get the medical documentation to the primary care dr or the insurance for a follow up appointment to get results of an MRI. FYI both the appointment to see Doctor where he ordered an MRI and the MRI referral were sent in by Dr. Obrien's office, but now that it's time for the follow up appointment, she doesn't know how and says all referrals must be put in by the primary dr and the primary dr says they can but happily will put in the referral if they get the documentation from Dr. Obrien's office which she has still not sent. I hope I don't have to look for another doctor because of the attitude and incompetence of one of his staff members. This is the only time in 7 years of seeing Dr. Obrien that I have ever been upset with one of his staff.

March 17th, 2017

Worst experience ever

I wish I would've read his reviews before I went to him. Health grades has the REAL information on him. I'm so angry with myself for not checking him out first. Absolutely my worst experience ever

July 11th, 2016

Answers all questions, doesn't make patient feel insignificant. Listens. #1 in my book! Kevin is the best PA EVER!

June 2nd, 2016

Not impressed

After being treated like I was making up my knee injury because it didn't hurt when it was bent a certain way, It took three days to get the MRI ordered. Then they called the wrong place. Fortunately, I work at the correct hospital and got in quickly. A wee and a half after the MRI and 2 1/2 weeks after the office visit, no One has called me to tell me what the results mean. I have seen the results because I have access to them online. Five things were found. But I don't know what they mean. Should I still be walking around on this knee? Am I making things worse? Will it heal by itself? I think it's kind of crappy that they've had the MRI report for a week and two days and have not called. I know this because I know when it was faxed to them. When people have to pay for an expensive procedure and sit through it, the respectful thing is to give them a call and let them know the results. I will be switching doctors.

February 19th, 2015

Good Doctor

Dr. is standoffish in his bedside manner and the appointments feel rushed, but he is one of the best doctors for orthopedic.

August 27th, 2014

While it is easy to get an app't; you won't always see the doctor which you made the app't with (usually you see the P.A.) and the waiting time is ridiculous!!! My 69 yo mother had to wait 2 1/2 hrs!! We made the appt with Dr. O'Brien but was seen by the P.A. for less than 10 mins.

September 18th, 2013

Excellent experience. Very knowledgable. Surgery went great. I am now back to the activities i was performing before blowing out my knee and having Dr. O'Brien fix it. I would highly recommend!

June 7th, 2013

Simply the best!

I was unsure as what to expect, which is typical of most patients visiting a new doctor. However, I am pleasantly surprised by the consistently helpful receptionists and reliable staff of Dr. O'Briens office. Though Dr O'Brien himself looks very young, and at first I must admit I was very apprehensive, in the end he won me over. With his undeniable knowledge, wonderful disposition, and unfailing tenacity Dr O'Brien was able to persuade me to stop ALL of my favorite activities. So, begrudgingly, I began ONLY cycling and upper body weights. Doctors orders! What seemed like FOREVER, was really only a few months, but I did it! The nerve damage in my leg has all but healed. Currently I am wrapping up my Physical Therapy, which has also proven to be extremely helpful. I am now back to my Tae Kwon Do classes, minus the sparring for right now. Thanks to Dr. O'Brien I am now "stronger" than before. I would highly recommend Dr. O'Brien to all my friends and family without hesitation.

July 26th, 2012

Great Doctor

Dr. found what was causing pain, consulted with patient, and was able to prescribe medication, which has helped immensely.

May 21st, 2012

WOULDN'T GO BACK TO o'brien, EVEN IF I WAS DYIN'!!

Unfortunately, you cannot rate this POS facility less than "Poor"! Maybe "DEPLORABLE","ATROCIOUS","APPALLING", or, in my opinion, MALPRACTICE!!

February 29th, 2012

Don't choice this DO

I am too traumatized to speak about my experience in detail. Here re some highlights. Did not see Michael S O'Brien DO who I had an appointment with but instead his PA after waiting over an hour. Front desk personnel extremely unprofessional. I would not take my dog to this doctor.

June 3rd, 2011

Office Staff

You only get a minute or two with Dr O'Brien. His office staff is rude and is does not know how to bill thing correctly, and are unwilling to learn. Unless you play ball at OU you are dirt, he likes to do surgery on everything. I think I am looking for another knee doctor.