Dr. Michael Roberts MD Patient Reviews

3.0

no change

November 25th, 2016
Been seeing Dr Roberts for coupe of years, i was refereed by a specialist to see him. On my first visit with him, it was fine, however during the consultation, he was on the phone , possilbe with his wife, that for me should be not on my time, but on his personnel time, however i did continue to do visits,. The waiting time is longer than actual the visit, in which is about 5-10 minutes. He does not like when you make suggestion, and does not like when you tell him he is wrong. No bed side manners..and the staff, is very bad. No communcations what so ever, with them. and i need to always call them for information, when i do not get calls back. Very bad communcations. Dr Roberts should put away his phone and not to talk when he is in with a patient. Will eventually change dr's...bad ratings on what i have seen.

October 27th, 2016
Level of Care
Dr. Roberts is very nice, but he ignored the symptoms I was having and I believe I would be dead had I not changed doctors. Among other symptoms, I was having shortness of breath, extreme fatigue, lost 16 pounds, my quality of life dropped from 10 to about 3, I could barely walk a short distance without stopping. I finally went to my primary physician and was diagnosed with pneumonia in both lungs. My new oncologist simply said the cancer drug I had been on for 5 months was toxic to me. I am now on a new cancer drug and am back to my former quality of life, which includes hiking 5 miles three times a week.

March 13th, 2016
Dr. Roberts has been fantastic with my husband. He spends as much time as needed with us at each appointment and has a wonderful sense of humor. He is quick to react and start treatment. He takes time to explain options and is patient with us when we have questions. Cannot recommend him highly enough.

January 5th, 2016
He will keep you a prisoner and keep giving you chemotherapy even when it no longer helps you. He likes to line his pockets first. He has a horrible bedside manner and his staff is inept. He has to NP's that think they are doctors.

February 20th, 2015
Dr Roberts is knowledgable as well as persistent in getting necessary info to ensure the most efficient treatment option. He has numerous connections...AWESOME!!!

April 1st, 2011
Great Doctor
This is one fine doctor...

October 28th, 2010
RDA
I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH ADVANCE STOMACH CANCER STAGE 4 AT ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL. DR ROBERTS WAS THE ONCLOGIST ASSIGNED TO ME. I WAS APPROVED AS A CHARITY CASE FOR CHEMOTERAPY AND RAIDIATION. MY CHEMOTHERAPY WAS DELAYED OVER A MONTH SINCE DIAGNOSED BECAUSE DR. ROBERTS REFUSED TO SEE ME DUE TO NO INSURANCE. SOMEHOW HE WAS ABLE TO THE CHEMOTHERAPY TREATMENT PLAN BASED ON BLOOD RESULTS. I CONTINUED WITH HIS RECOMENDED TREATMENT PLAN NOT EVER SEEING HIM FOR FOLLOWUPS. NOW THAT AM DONE WITH ALL MY CHEMO TREATMENT HIS RUDE STAFF AND ASSITANTS HAVE BEEN GIVING ME SUCH A HARD TIME TO SEE DR.ROBERTS. WITH A BALANCE OF DUE OF $400 REMINDING ME, "YOU KNOW THIS IS NOT A FREE CLINIC" YOU NEED TO PAY!ALSO, WARNED ME THAT DR ROBERTS SAID WOULD STOP FOLLOWING ME IF AM NOT ABLE TO KEEP MY APPOINTMENTS!! VERY COLD AND HAVE TO COMPASION OR ETHICS ON PATIENT CARE! I UNDERSTAND THEY NEED TO GET PAID. BUT THIS THIS ATTITUDE IS UNNECESSARY! ALL THEY CARE IS FOR $$$$$$$.... I MAY NOT LIVE VERY LONG BUT, AT LEAST I WONT BE ASK FOR INSURRANCE OR COPAYS IN THE GATES OF HEAVEN......THEY WILL....

August 17th, 2010
Smart man!
Dr. Roberts took excellent care of my grandfather. He knew exactly what tests to order and provided detailed treatment options.

April 7th, 2010
do not go to this doc!!!!
My friend was told that 200.00 was not enough money to pay monthly,he wanted 1300.00 A month instead. my friend said she can not pay that much & dr.robertss told her she can no longer come to see her!!!! She does not know what to do now!I can not believe how any human being can act so cold to a another human who has cancer!! I guess evil is around every corner,including doctors offices!!! My heart goes out to those suffering because of dr.roberts!!! how does he sleep at night?

August 27th, 2009
I do not recommend
I saw this doctor for many years. I would often leave the office visit in tears. He is quick to order tests and is in and out of the exam room so fast that I could barely get 2 questions in. In fairness, I have heard that he is very good from other doctors but that is not enough. I need a doctor who will listen to me. When the office got a new doctor and was looking for patients to move over, I gladly volunteered.

May 19th, 2008
Be aware!
There is not enough negative remarks that I can make that would justify why this Dr. is allowed to be in practice. He was so out-of-touch that it cost our loved one their life. He did not even have a clue - and the Scottsdale Medical center was just as bad - do not go there.