Allergy & Immunology Specialist, Internist

24120 Meadowbrook Rd
Ste 201
Novi, MI 48375
248-473-6400
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Unsatisfactory  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2014

The doctor seemed knowledgeable, however it didn't compensate for his extremely ill-mannered office staff. The receptionists are very unkind. I had a few simple questions about my co-pay for days when I see the doctor vs. just getting injections with my new insurance and the office staff said "You will have a co-pay and you will pay it today". I inquired if it would be my specialist co-pay or regular office visit co-pay and the staff responded "I think it is in the best interest of everyone if you just leave and not come back so we don't have these co-pay issues anymore". I was appalled with being asked to leave a doctor's office because I had questions about my co-pay procedure. I do not recommend this office at all, especially if you have new insurance or aren't willing to pay extremely high amounts over what you were initially quoted to pay. More time is spent with the office staff than the doctor so I'd highly advise finding an office with a more reputable and kind front staff.

|  Skip Dr. Rowe's office and Find a Caring Practice  |  show details
by Susan L. on Aug 12th, 2013

Dr. Rowe himself was a decent Dr. but his front desk staff and his practice management are terrible. I used to endure them to see Dr. Rowe, but in hindsight the tension and stress may have exacerbated my asthma. They kept me waiting numerous times for appointments (one time for FOUR hours) with fear they wouldn't get paid, but weren't telling me why the long wait. I had to clarify my insurance with the office Manager who said I wasn't covered. Why not call me back to get clarification? But a 4 hour wait? She is rude, confused, and disorganized. I have had to get an insurance Customer Service rep on my cell phone at the time of my appointment numerous times to help her understand her job. She repeatedly told me I wasn't covered when I was. I complained about her directly to the Dr. One time, I was told if I didn't pay cash at time of a visit, I couldn't be seen...but they don't tell you that in advance so if you don't bring your credit card or CASH you don't get seen. They are rude, and definitely aren't concerned about your health. I was a patient for almost 5 years, at which time Dr. Rowe finally got my asthma controlled. Unfortunately I recently had a bad asthma attack and I called to get a "same day appointment." This page says he is taking new patients. The old, rude office manager REFUSED ME and said he wasn't taking NEW patients. I said I had been a long time patient. She said he wasn't taking new patients, he had NO appointments. He advertises that he has same day appointments and that he takes new patients, but they don't care about you or your history.. If it gets difficult (meaning if you don't pay cash at time of visit or you ask the office staff to do their jobs) you WON'T get in. Don't be in the middle of care and then expect to get back in again for a follow up. I actually think the office manager has mental problems, but I can't prove that. Go to a professional practice where being treated for life-threatening asthma is treated with the urgency it requires. You'll find yourself in the ER if you go to these people Fortunately I was able to find a rescue inhaler and a great new doc who found this was atrocious on their part and is taking me next day. It saved me from going to the ER. She also said she would give my medical records to a new doctor. By LAW, your medical records are owned by you. If they don't give them to you, don't hesitate to turn them in and call an attorney. It doesn't cost as much to get a letter written by an attorney as many people think. Skip these people, and go to a caring, professional practice. Dr. Rowe plays the "good cop" and promises lots during your visit, but the front desk staff are "thugs" who don't follow through and make it miserable to deal with. I'm glad she reminded me how unprofessional she is...I'm happy to be going elsewhere.

|  Good listener!  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

Dr. Rowe is very thorough, patient, and lets YOU do the most talking. Ends sentences with, "Anything else?". He gets you fixed up, and is pleasant to talk to. Highly Recommend!

|  uncaring doctor  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2012

Called by office for appointment and took time off work to get to appointment prescription needed for asthma and was refused any service because I did not have all the cash on hand to pay before service rendered. I do have insurance which said wasn't eligible for this visit. Had part of the money and would have called in credit card when got home but refused all treatment and told to come back for prescription and to be seenBeen a patient for over 20 years and done experimental studies with doctor. He knows I am good for the money which was under $100. Will never, ever go back and suggest you think about if this is the caring doctor you want to use.

|  show details
Sep 27th, 2011

When calling for an appointment there are snide remarks made by receptionist.

|  Amazing  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2009

Genuinely cares about his patients and always has time for them. By far THE best doctor I have ever been to.