Dr. Michael Sweeney MD Patient Reviews

3.8

no change

March 18th, 2017
Explained things in an easy to understand way
Dr Sweeney was excellent in explaining everything to us in an easy to understand way with statistics and percentages making our decision for course of action very easy to make. He took time with us (almost an hour) and did not make us feel like we were taking up his time. He's a very good passionate Dr who cares for his patients. We saw him for the 1st time in the hospital as my husband was a transfer patient from another hospital.

February 18th, 2016
Dr Sweeney was very informative and compassionate. Excellent surgeon and has a sense of humor

November 3rd, 2014
Great Surgeon
Dr. Sweeney did a great job on me during both procedures. The first was a Aortic Valve Replacement, which took about twice the normal time due to me being a bleeder. During the almost 10 hours of surgery, he spoke with my wife and her nurse friend to keep them updated. This helped my wife as she was a wreck. He also performed a last minute request and removed a piece of cartilage from the base of my sternum that had been deformed from 40 years of surfing. The second was a Pericardia Window, which went off without a hitch. No complaints here at all. I find him to be very informative and helpful in expectations and delivery of the surgery and recovery. I highly recommend.

August 14th, 2014
Well overall experience with Dr. Sweeney was not too bad. His response time could be better as I have to track down his nurse most of the time to get to him. Surgery wise he did a good job on my Father's Carotid Artery. What I am most upset about is the fact the this facility would us EXPIRED products on their patients. I think someone from the Health Inspection or Texas Medical State Board needs to visit this place and check all products being used there. I have pictures of the expired items if you need them. This is ridiculous !!!

August 13th, 2014
I went to Dr. Sweeney and thought he had a great bed side manner. Explained everything to me down to the details.

December 18th, 2013
Absolute Jerk
He screamed at my mother for asking a question. Horrible bedside manner. He will not follow up. You're on your own. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!! Find someone else.

September 25th, 2013
Wonderful care.....courteous staff and saved my husbands life.

June 13th, 2012
?
He saved my grandfather's life. Plain and simple. He was always professional and courteous, as well. No complaints here.

February 7th, 2012
Horrible
He is a condescending jerk.