Dr. Michael Woods MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 22nd, 2017
Actually Cares
He is a great listener and actually cares about his clients. He wont tell you what you want to hear he tells you what you need to hear.

February 28th, 2017
Great Mental Health Doctor
Dr. Woods does more than just listen about your problems, rather he takes an active roll & initiative to help you see past your problems and discover viable solutions - for everyday life struggles. His demeanor is very laid-back, and seems to help reduce anxiety the moment you sit down on his 3 person couch. 5 stars for Dr. Woods!

February 19th, 2016
Incredible doctor, incredible person
Excellent. Have been with Dr. Woods for several years. His assistant/secretary, Shelley, is great. Best doctor in the area, bar none. We love him.

October 19th, 2015
Very nice guy, helpful, but always seems really tired.

August 4th, 2015
VERY respectful of parents but not conscientious insurance practices
Dr. Woods was great with my daughter and very respectful of my points of view, opinions, and insight. He always respected what I thought was best as her parent and I LOVED that!! I just wish I would have been warned when my insurance changed that he was out of network instead of them tripling my "copay" and not explaining that when I inquired about it. Seems a bit unethical compared to all other doctors I've seen and spoken to over the years.

May 7th, 2015
Dr. Woods is a highly competent psychiatrist. He is not who you see for therapy, but medicine management, and he is exceptional at that. He will work with clients to prescribe the correct medication and titrate it, which is a process that takes time and is person/biochemistry dependent. Yes, he has a calm demeanor. Keep in mind he sometimes sees people who are not feeling their best...anxiety begets anxiety, calm is also contagious. He is thorough, inquiring about family, cultural, work, school systems, general health...he may weigh you, get height, if that's relevant (with children who are on ADHD meds, etc.). This is a med management appointment, not a psychotherapy appointment...For that you need to find an LMFT, LCSW, LPC, etc. He is an MD who knows the pharmacology, and that is where he excels. Yes, first appointments are more difficult to get because he is in demand. The doctor you can see tomorrow is often the doctor you may not want to see (not always, of course). Once you are a client, if you manage your meds, you will have no problems seeing him in line with your needs. I have referred many clients to him, with favorable reports--I would refer my own family to him if need be. Many consumers do not understand the difference between psychotherapist and psychiatrist, leading to much of the frustration. 15-20 minutes would be a standard med management visit once your medications are working well. Again, he is not a therapist--therapists train for years to perform therapeutic interventions. He trained for years to understand the body, medication, etc. Different functions... As with all reviews, I would throw out the outliers, and look at the average. He is a very fine physician.

November 20th, 2014
Excellent, Doctor

June 5th, 2014
Lifeless doctor
He needs to see a psychiatrist himself! The one and only time I saw him, just getting an appointment scheduled was near-impossible, and after waiting for nearly an hour, this lifeless man asks me to follow him. Doesn't introduce himself & I had no idea he was the Dr. Seriously, he looked like a stereotypical, lifeless psych unit patient. Disheveled, shuffling, no eye contact. Once we established who he was, he stared at the ceiling the entire duration of the 15 minutes I spent with him. He knew nothing of my history and made a ridiculous suggestion that I looked like I wasn't suffering from anxiety nor depression (despite the fact that I had just finished a hospital program for both!) He wrote a prescription for an antidepressant that I had already tried and didn't work. Doesn't listen at all, doesn't pay any attention to patient, completely preoccupied. One visit was quite enough.

February 14th, 2014
Mr and Mrs
Excellent Doctor. Does not waste your time with long waiting time. Experienced, knowledgeable and competent. My entire family uses him for ADD medication treatment and follow-up In my opinion, he's the best in the area

March 7th, 2013
First off, I am an 18 year old girl suffering from depression and anxiety. Dr. Scott Woods failed to understand me. We tried switching my medications a few times, and after none of these worked, we resorted back to my original. After that, he pretty much gave up. Any time I brought up something new he would say "we already tried that" or give a sarcastic remark. He pretty much just called me lazy, and backfired on everything I said. One time I left his office crying because he made me feel terrible about myself. Although, the receptionist is very nice and the wait is short.

November 16th, 2012
I recommend Dr. Woods highly. He has spent an enormous amount of time with me when he feels it necessary. He schedules my visits very appropriately, I never feel that he is scheduling anything but what is actually needed and I respect that tremendously. I never get the feeling he is rushing me out. He has been so patient and kind to me. He has a demeanor that is caring, authentic, and non-judgmental. The office staff is professional, I enjoy them. The decor in his office is especially pleasing. Dr. Woods has helped me immensely, even when I didn't think I could help myself.

February 18th, 2011
Leslie
My son has been seeing him for 4 years and both he and I like him very much. He has always spent time with us and is caring towards my son and seems to really care about him. Dr. Woods listens to me go on and on about stuff and never makes me feel dumb or over anxious about my questions or concerns. He is accessible by phone and after hours if we have a problem. He doesn't overmedicate my son, nor try to get more appts in if they are not needed. His staff, Susan, is wonderful and patient and is a real help to me too! I recommend Dr. Woods very highly.