Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
Nov 20th, 2014

Excellent, Doctor

|  Lifeless doctor  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2014

He needs to see a psychiatrist himself! The one and only time I saw him, just getting an appointment scheduled was near-impossible, and after waiting for nearly an hour, this lifeless man asks me to follow him. Doesn't introduce himself & I had no idea he was the Dr. Seriously, he looked like a stereotypical, lifeless psych unit patient. Disheveled, shuffling, no eye contact. Once we established who he was, he stared at the ceiling the entire duration of the 15 minutes I spent with him. He knew nothing of my history and made a ridiculous suggestion that I looked like I wasn't suffering from anxiety nor depression (despite the fact that I had just finished a hospital program for both!) He wrote a prescription for an antidepressant that I had already tried and didn't work. Doesn't listen at all, doesn't pay any attention to patient, completely preoccupied. One visit was quite enough.

|  Mr and Mrs  |  show details
by John Doe on Feb 14th, 2014

Excellent Doctor. Does not waste your time with long waiting time. Experienced, knowledgeable and competent. My entire family uses him for ADD medication treatment and follow-up In my opinion, he's the best in the area

Mar 7th, 2013

First off, I am an 18 year old girl suffering from depression and anxiety. Dr. Scott Woods failed to understand me. We tried switching my medications a few times, and after none of these worked, we resorted back to my original. After that, he pretty much gave up. Any time I brought up something new he would say "we already tried that" or give a sarcastic remark. He pretty much just called me lazy, and backfired on everything I said. One time I left his office crying because he made me feel terrible about myself. Although, the receptionist is very nice and the wait is short.

Nov 16th, 2012

I recommend Dr. Woods highly. He has spent an enormous amount of time with me when he feels it necessary. He schedules my visits very appropriately, I never feel that he is scheduling anything but what is actually needed and I respect that tremendously. I never get the feeling he is rushing me out. He has been so patient and kind to me. He has a demeanor that is caring, authentic, and non-judgmental. The office staff is professional, I enjoy them. The decor in his office is especially pleasing. Dr. Woods has helped me immensely, even when I didn't think I could help myself.

|  Leslie  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2011

My son has been seeing him for 4 years and both he and I like him very much. He has always spent time with us and is caring towards my son and seems to really care about him. Dr. Woods listens to me go on and on about stuff and never makes me feel dumb or over anxious about my questions or concerns. He is accessible by phone and after hours if we have a problem. He doesn't overmedicate my son, nor try to get more appts in if they are not needed. His staff, Susan, is wonderful and patient and is a real help to me too! I recommend Dr. Woods very highly.

|  Terrific  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2011

The "Do Not Recommend" comment from 4/21/2010 states that "her staff" were only worried..." . Dr. "Scott" Woods is a male not female, perhaps you're commenting on the wrong doctor. I enjoyed his service, he treats me like a person and not a subject. After the first couple of visits he sheduled my next appointment six months later, I asked if I should I not come before that, and he said "No", he told me if I wanted to schedule time earlier I could, but based on my circumstances he did not feel it was necessary. I appreciate the fact that he could have scheduled me once a month just for the extra pay, but did not. He has recently stoped his preferred provider status with United Health Care, and I no longer get the $20 copay, its now $90, but I still continue to see him.

|  Excellent With My Pre-teen/Teen  |  show details
by Collin on Jul 30th, 2010

Sometimes the wait is longer, but that is because he won't rush if he hits on something needing attention with his patients. He is very thorough; please remember that with psychiatry it is extremely important to report details and changes as children grow and go through puberty. He is knowledgeable on recent studies, and suggested a cognitive behavioral therapist for my child's anxiety.

|  Do not recomend  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2010

This doctor and/or her staff were only worried about how many appointments they could schedule and what services they could charge me for. I felt like my son was "cattle" being flowed through a meat locker. If I wanted or needed to speak with her, I had to make an appointment. I would never recommend her to anyone with a child with ADHD. She was more interested in increasing his dosage of medicine instead of giving me tools to assist him or recommending a psycholigist or behavioral therapist to assist. That may have cut into the $$ she could make off me and my insurance company.

Aug 26th, 2009

I am very happy with the service, attention, and treatment I am receiving from Dr. Woods - and with his office staff. I highly recommend Dr. Woods.

Jun 9th, 2009

have felt very at ease with Dr. Woods. He takes the time necessary to both diagnose and find the correct medication.

|  Meds Doc  |  show details
by memere11x on Sep 22nd, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Woods has been a gread meds doc. I have had so many issues and have had to change my meds so many times. He doesn't give up. We finally have everything under control due to his persistence (and mine)

Read Full Review at kudzu.com