A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Saag:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Saag is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Saag, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Cryptococcal Meningitis
- HIV Infections
- HIV Seropositivity
- Hepatitis C
- Pregnancy Complications
Education & Awards
Dr. Saag graduated from University of Louisville . He has 5 awards.
Dr. Saag has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Uab Medical West
- Uab Highlands
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Switow Saag MD is a male Internist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- Where does Dr. Michael S. Saag practice?
- Dr. Michael Saag has 3 office locations.
Dr. Michael Saag practices Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Internists and Birmingham Infectious Disease Doctors.