Dr. Michael Sacks MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry New York, NY

3.2

December 20th, 2013
Ignore all of the negative reviews
I am astonished at how horrible the reviews are! Just another example of why you can't always trust everything you read on the internet. Dr. Sacks is a gifted psychiatrist who helped me tremendously in a time of an awful crisis in my life. He is brilliant. He even helped me identify things about myself that I didn't want to hear at first, but was 100% true. My guess about the bad reviews is that he works with hospitalized patients, many of whom are disgruntled with their hospital stay for whatever reason and then blaming him for it. Don't listen to them - find out for yourself. Dr. Sacks is great.

September 26th, 2012
Horrible
He got entirely the wrong idea of what happened, refused to listen to corrections, insisted I made it up, called me "stupid, crazy and a loner" and then defended that when I brought it up again in front of an intern.

June 26th, 2011
Self-confident and biased
He treated me during a hospital stay. Overly self-confident in his initial diagnostic hunches even if they are wrong and will not consider or explore any other possibilities. Doesn't take into account any other medical conditions and assumes everything is psychiatric. Despite his supposedly illustrious reputation, he is a poor physician (psychiatrists are after all also medical doctors). Not to mention his intimidating manner when dealing with patients which I don't believe is conducive to making his patients be open with him.

July 29th, 2010
treated adult child during stay in hospital the worst i have ever met too cocky and arrogrant to deal with could bring on mania in a normal person terrible first encounter with this man.

March 18th, 2009