Dr. Michael Sakellarides MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

September 1st, 2012
Good Doctor
His personality is a little rough around he edges but he is a good doctor.

February 23rd, 2012
Dr. Sakellarides, an excellent doctor, an honest man
I recently took my mother to see about getting a hearing aid. I was aware of the high prices of aids and willing to get the best for my mother. Dr. Sakellarides let me know that her insurance would cover her aid. This would result in the doctor getting paid significantly less than if I paid cash. I was shocked at his honesty and thanked him immensely. She is incredibly happy with her new hearing. I am thrilled to know that not all doctors are money motivated. Thank you Dr. Sakellarides!

April 22nd, 2010
Permanently Damaged My Hearing
This guy (Sakellarides) exacerbated the tinnitus in my right ear ten-fold by using an extremely loud suction device to remove ear wax knowing full-wel ...

February 8th, 2010
Damaged My Hearing - Aggravated My Tinnitus Ten-Fold
This guy (Sakellarides) exacerbated the tinnitus in my right ear ten-fold by using a suction device to remove ear wax knowing full-well that I had tinnitus in that ear. It was the first time I'd been to this guy's office and I clearly explained to him that I'd had tinnitus in my right ear for the past eleven years which he acknowledged. The suction device he used sounded like a bomb exploding in the middle of my ear canal. When I talked to him about my tinnitus now being being much, much worse as a result of the suction device he arrogantly dismissed my concerns and told me that the suction device did not worsen my tinnitus and that I should go to the Mayo Clinic web site to "inform myself" about tinnitus completely discounting the fact that I had been living with the affliction for eleven year, had seen several doctors, and had read a lot about the affiction over the years. Ironically, the Mayo Clinic web site that he directed me to clearly says, "Avoid possible irritants. Reduce your exposure to things that may make your tinnitus worse. Common examples include loud noises and nicotine." Now, as a man in his early forties, I can look forward to living the rest of my life with 24/7 tinnitus that is now much louder and much more disruptive in my daily life rather than the occasional minor annoyance that it was before I went to this guy's office. I went into this guy's office with a sore throat and walked out with permanent hearing damage. Avoid this doctor at all costs.