Overall Review

3.2

October 20th, 2016
I have seen Dr. Samson for several years, for the same hearing loss issue. He has made many attempts at finding and solving the problem (tubes, later followed by two tympanoplasties on each ear, as each one was unsuccessful the first time). After each surgery, I go to the follow-up appointment for him to find yet another perforation in the eardrum. To this, he says, "let's wait and see if it heals over." (It never has). Because my hearing was getting worse, I recently saw a different doctor at Mass Eye & Ear, and she revealed a few big longstanding issues that my ears may have had since birth. These were things that Dr. Samson never even mentioned. I'm not saying that Dr. Samson is a bad doctor, because he's not, and we were happy with our experience with him and his staff for many years. However, there's a point when enough is enough. My specific condition may have simply been out of his league, and that is something I don't know. I commend him for continuing to try to fix my ears time and time again. Nonetheless, with each appointment at his office, it seemed more and more likely that they were just looking to make money off of an "un-fixable" patient. So, based off of my experience, I would recommend Dr. Samson to those who have smaller, less complex issues that won't take years and years to solve.

December 24th, 2015
Arrogant Dr. and staff
I have to agree with the majority of the other bad reviews for Dr. Samson's practice in Brunswick. Just because I asked him if he was sure about my lack of diagnosis, he snapped at me and told me he'd gone to school for x amount of years, very uncomfortable situation which he acknowledged and apologized for, but it shouldn't have happened. I wouldn't go back to this guy.

June 24th, 2013
Knowledgeable and Thorough
After seeing several doctors for a pulsating carotid, Dr .Sampson finally explained the possible issues in detail, and suggested a plan of action for further diagnosis. I found him friendly, and he answered all my questions, taking the time necessary.

July 24th, 2012
wait time
This office requires you to plan for "1-1.5 hr visit". I had an appointment for my two year old mind you at 2:50 and had still not seen the dr. until 4:00. I then opened our door and confronted a nurse about the wait time and continued to wait another 15 minutes. I feel that Dr. Samson and his office is very disrespectful of their patients time and care more about their needs than their clients. I believe they double book appts. and are concerned with revenue rather than care. They are quantity over quality and I am requesting I am referred to a different pediatric ENT due to this unacceptable time expectation of theirs. This type of professionalism infuriates me.

February 6th, 2012
Horrible bedside manner
I never write reviews, but Dr. Sampson's bedside manner is really, really terrible. I spoke with a friend recently and told her that I didn't have good luck with an ENT; she immediately asked if it was him. She had the same experience. I could live with this if he was a fabulous doctor- not the case. I'm voting with my feet, and going elsewhere.

February 23rd, 2011
Terrible!
So rude, inconsiderate. Completely misdiagnosed my ear condition. Would NEVER see him again

September 22nd, 2010
interacted well with my son /great bedside manner

August 29th, 2010
greatdoctor

July 3rd, 2010
Dr. Sampson has been very helpful in treating my condition. The wait time is usually around five minutes but his on call days you do end up waiting longer but his staff apologizes for the wait. I would highly recommend Dr. Sampson to anyone.

June 28th, 2010
TERRIBLE DOCTOR - Drive to Portland instead of going to see him
Dr. Samson is atrocious. He has horrible bedside manner. He at first refused to put tubes in my oldest sons ears which result in a Developmental Delay which required 2 years of occupational and speech therapy. He has an appalling bedside manner. Unfortunately he is the only ENT doctor in the area. He wants $15 for each of my sons to get copies of their files and HE determines what information I get. His office staff is horrendous to deal with. They are all EXTRAORDINARILY rude. They have a small staff and he is the only physician yet they say it takes 30 days to get the medical records. I hated having to deal with him, his staff and his entire operation. I am so glad that we are moving. I would tell anyone to drive to Portland and find another ENT rather than use him.