Dr. Michael Saruk MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 16th, 2014
Had another
Had another great visit with Raquel!

April 22nd, 2014
Easy to work with
Easy to work with. Friendly/ awesome staff.

June 7th, 2013
Rash
First of all the office staff is wonderful. Dr. Saruk took a lot of time to listen and answer my questions. His diagnosis was accurate and he took the time to follow up with a phone call to check on my status. I would highly recommend Dr. Saruk to my family and friends.

January 18th, 2013
I can't rate his bedside manner--I didn't even get called back!
I would have been a new patient, so I arrived for my appt 15 minutes early with my paperwork filled out, as requested. My appt time had come and gone and 3 people WHO CAME IN AFTER ME were called back. I left after I had waited until 15 minutes past my appt time because the 3rd person who was called back was 10 minutes late for her appointment!! The woman in the office told me that they only had two providers in the office (that's no excuse! Also, if there were two providers and 3 people went ahead of me then I was obviously skipped!) If they treat new patients with such disregard I can't imagine how horrible it will be if I were to have stayed on as a patient. So disappointed.

June 6th, 2012
Best Dermatologist I've ever been to. You're in good hands with Dr. Saruk.

March 16th, 2012
worst experience
I had the worst experience with this office. I first got an appointment with the doctor that was one week later. Later I called them trying to get an earlier one due to my condition. They then gave me an appointment that was three weeks later. I told them if that was the case, I would like to keep my original appointment. I showed up at the appointment and was told that my appointment was rescheduled "per patient's request." I would never go to this office again because I think they don't care about their patient and it is really scary that they treat their patient this way. I think they somehow forget people go to their office for medical treatment, not only for cosmetic purpose.

November 29th, 2011
Someone who cares more about his patients than his wallet.
Went to another dermatologist for years and had a large number of moles biopsied and eventually removed. Had little(and not so little)scars all over the place, but assumed it was worth it to get rid of the cancers and pre-cancers that I was apparently predisposed to. As it happens, this summer I was advised by the same dermatologist that I need yet another small surgery and should do it quickly. I wanted to get a second opinion because I am an active person and the spot was near my groin and I didn't want to have to slow down until winter. So I chose to get a second opinion with Dr. Saruk to see if he thought I could put it off just a bit. After reviewing the pathology report, and going over it again with the lab, he told me that I didn't need to have it removed at all and that all of the other moles I had removed based on the same biopsy findings also never posed any danger to me. I am so mad at that other dermatologist and feel so stupid that I didn't know the difference between good care and bad until now. At least I have finally found a truly competent and caring practice. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Dr. Saruk. By the way, his office staff is terrific too.

September 24th, 2011
I had melanoma and he has made me feel like I am in the best hands. I travel about an hour to see him and it is worth it. He gets to know his patients. If you need a dermatologist skip the puppy mill in Newark and come here.

April 27th, 2011
A pleasure
Really liked this doctor and his office. Staff was friendly and caring. Doctor was very kind and explained everything to me carefully. He made sure that I understood what he told me and my condition has since improved.

January 24th, 2011
outstanding clinician
I saw Dr. Saruk for the management of chronic eczema. His clinical skills are of the highest order -- he is a superbly trained academic physician. But he is caring, spent more than sufficient time with me and really paid attention to my concerns. We are lucky to have a dermatologist of this calibre who is so dedicated to clinical excellence in our community.

December 11th, 2010
Wonderful Doctor
Excellent physician. He is well known and highly respected. He is very experienced and detailed. Great with children and adults. We travel over an hour to see him.

November 30th, 2010
Great Experience
I had been all over trying to get some help for my autistic son who is prone to skin rashes. A lot of places just tried to get us out of the door as quickly as possible. Dr. Saruk was patient, respectful of my son and accurately diagnosed his problem. We have been back since and I have noted that his whole staff was unruffled by my son's behavior and the total experience was a breath of fresh air. I will definitely be back.