Obstetricians & Gynecologists

20 Prospect Ave
Ste 705
Hackensack, NJ 07601
201-488-0409
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Excellent Care  |  show details
by Stacy on Jul 30th, 2013

Dr. Sbarra was amazing to me during my 2nd pregnancy, I had complications and needed to be on bed rest and he was there any time of day to answer my questions. When I needed to go to the hospital for monitoring, he was there to make sure I was okay. I ended up having a c-section, he did an amazing job, I left the hospital a day early and recovered quickly with only motrin for pain, much better experience than my 1st c-section. He is a great guy, straight to the point and takes his patients health very seriously. I cannot thank him enough for what he did for me.

|  Has he lost his mind?  |  show details
by JW on Apr 28th, 2013

At my very first appointment, my husband and I thought Dr. Sbarra was fantastic- very thorough, gave us his cell phone number in case we ever needed him... fast forward to appointment number 3 at 17 weeks pregnant, and the man turned into a lunatic! He came into the room after an hour of waiting and abruptly asked me why I was there, without so much as making eye contact with me or asking me how my pregnancy is going. He yelled at me and insulted me after I politely asked whether or not I was having an ultrasound during the visit since my appointment had been rescheduled due to the availability of the ultrasound tech (this is my first pregnancy, excuse me for being unaware of the process!), and nearly came at me in his fit of unnecessary and unwarranted rage - thankfully there was a woman from the front desk in the room, because I felt extremely uncomfortable and unsafe without my husband there with me. Aside from his outburst and complete lack of professionalism, Dr. Sbarra had horrible bedside manner; he never once asked me how I was doing or feeling, even after I told him that I am still suffering from terrible morning sickness and blinding migraines. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Sbarra to another pregnant woman; he seems to be unstable and I would not put the safety of my unborn child in his hands after the experience that I just had in his office, he has completely lost my trust and respect as a medical professional. How this man is the chair of the OBGYN department at a hospital as well respected at HUMC is beyond comprehension to me!

|  Mandatory lab work charges  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2011

After seeing the one time, I recieved a statement for over $800.00. There was a mandatory fee for lab work drawn at the time of my service. They said the doctor would not see me unless they did some lab work. The consultation fee for new patient was over $350. and the lab that was mandatory was over $400.00. I was not happy to recieve such a bill. Be prepared to pay big bucks if you have no insurance.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by JA on Aug 23rd, 2010

He's very smart, very knowledgeable, explains everything in detail, spends as much time with his patients as needed, never rushes you, is compassionate, he gets right to the point and tells you like it is, always very curteous and concerned...it's good to know you have him for a doctor because he can find, diagnose and take care of any female issue and he handles it very professionally!

|  Stay Away  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2009

Dr. Sabarra treated a patient today like no human eing should ever be treated. After 1 1/2 weeks of preperation, he dropped the patient just minutes before the surgey because the family was asking to many questions. I have seen better care and more concern at my vet's office

|  show details
Sep 5th, 2009

Dr. Sbarra is absolutely wonderful. He is compassionate, understanding and informative. Prior to my surgery, he explained everything to me. He listened to my concerns and put me at ease. My surgery was set up and I was on my way to recovery all within a few weeks. His staff is professional and helpful. He has a great bedside manner and a personality to match it. I would recommend Dr. Sbarra to anyone looking for a good doctor.

|  show details
by jm on Aug 27th, 2009

Amazing, kind and knowledgeable. I was very impressed with skill and more than satisfied with surgery. He listened to my concerns and according to my wishes. Would recommend to anyone. Worth the wait for surgery appointment.

|  Know your Doctor  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2009

Medical MalpracticeNo. Award Date Type Award Amount 1 29-Sep-05 Settlement $500,000.00 2 04-May-06 Settlement $133,333.34

|  Does he even care  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2008

I was just wondering if dr. sbarra really cares about his patients , he spends a nano second with you and never explains anything and just rushes you out.

|  adequate  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jul 21st, 2008 on insiderpages.com

While you won`t get warm and fuzzy with Dr. Sbarra you will get good medicine. He kind of rushed through the exam and didn`t go over a lot o...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com