A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Scanameo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Scanameo is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Scanameo, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Scanameo graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Scanameo has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Ball Memorial Hospital Inc
- Marion General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Scanameo accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 2 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Managed Health Services - Real Life solutions for Healthcare - 2 plans
- MDWise - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Scanameo practice?
Dr. Michael Scanameo practices Ophthalmology near Kokomo, IN.
Additional practice locations include: Muncie, IN and Marion, IN.
See Kokomo Ophthalmologists.