Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile
Northern Vallley Ent & Facial
219 Old Hook Rd
Ste 2
Westwood, NJ 07675
201-666-8787
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  A Wonderful Doctor!!!  |  show details
by Gary Buhler on Apr 22nd, 2014

Dr. Scherl is a caring ,compassionate, reassuring physician whose primary concern is his patient. In the mist of all my fears, his calming manner was very comforting. His communication with my other doctors regarding my care was very important and he did it with complete thoroughness. He's a great doctor and I would refer friends and family, alike, to HIM. Many thanks, Dr. Scherl!!! Glad I found YOU!

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2014

After reading some of the reviews I was hesitant about my son’s upcoming surgery. However, Dr. Scherl was great and very informative. He and the staff of Englewood Hospital did everything possible to make what could have been a very unpleasant experience into a pleasant one. His office staff, as well as, the hospital staff were very attentive. Thank God my son did not suffer any complications and his recovery has been great. I would recommend Dr. Scherl to my family and friends. It’s unfortunate that some people had what they perceived as a bad experience, but we did not experience any of the issues stated on other reviews.

|  show details
Mar 28th, 2013

HORRIBLE experience!!! The office itself is terrible in addition to MOST of his staff!! RUDE and no common sense!! (one star was "mandatory", required field)

|  Horrible Torture  |  show details
by Anonymous on Mar 27th, 2013

Went to hospital with serious nosebleed. Scherl was on call and refused to come for 6 hours. The hospital staff was very angry that he forced them to do his work. He told them to send me to his office on Saturday. I went and he put 2 paddles that looked like tongue depressors (actually sponges) way back into my nose which was very painful, during which he said he couldn't do anything without scraping inside areas of my nose in a special surgery procedure. I spent days in pain, unable to eat because of the paddles, which remained. Went to another ENT and he fixed the problem in 5 minutes. Yanked out the paddles and simply cauterized the spot that was bleeding. Scherl is incompetent and dangerous. The few good reviews he got I believe he put in himself. No one could appreciate this guy.

|  He is the best!!!!  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2012

This dr is the MOST caring dr I have ever met. He has been taking care of my family for over 25 years. You will not go wrong if you go to see him.!

|  Incompetent,Cold, Nasty idiot!  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2012

This man should NOT be a Dr.! He misdiagnosed me, offering 2 WRONG assessments of my condition, then sent me for unnecessary tests elsewhere. He was rude and gruff, and condescending. His office is old and dirty and his staff is as un-caring as he is. Run, don't walk, from this jerk.

|  Excellent experience at every visit  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

Dr Scherl is one of the rare doctors, these days, who actually cares about his patients and shows it. He is also extremely knowledgeable and proficient in his area of expertise.I have visited his office and have also brought my 90 year old mother. Dr Scherl goes to great lengths to assure that his patients are well served.

|  Dr.Scherl is an absolute gem....  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Scherl's for many years. I would trust him with my life. Getting an appointment the same day you call is almost impossible and office waits can be 30 minutes, but Dr. Scherl is 100% worth the wait.

|  WHY????  |  show details
by Reviewer on Dec 1st, 2009

After waiting over an hour I was finally able to see the doctor who did spend some time with me and seemed to know what he was talking about...I thought. So I go home and did as directed. It turns out that my ear ?infection? he treated with an anti anxiety medicine. Why? A side effect of this is a rash. Which I most certainly got and spent months going to different doctors to find out why. Then I see my pills for my ears and look it up on-line. Anti-anxiety!!!!! Side effect sever rash??? Why? Did my femaleness make him think automatically I may need anxiety pills...for my ears????

|  Why can't I give 0 stars? Don't GO TO THIS DR!!!  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2009

He is rude and hasn't got a clue as to what he is doing. He let my cancer come back due to his sheer lack of care for patients. He should NOT be a dr, let alone a surgeon. Please do NOT under any circumstance let this man operate on you. Don't be an uninformed idiot like I was back in the day when you couldn't research drs. online!!!

|  Horrible Experience  |  show details
by Anonymous Patient on May 27th, 2008

This man is a nasty, condescending creep. He had no idea what was wrong with me, then tried to make me feel stupid. The place was dirty and so was the machine he tried to use on me. It actually broke when he tried to test it. Then he said, never mind, you don't need the test anyway!! 2 weeks later, I wound up in the hospital for surgery for something he should have caught!