Surgeons, Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile
7230 Medical Center Dr Ste 503
West Hills, CA 91307
818-444-0831
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

• Currently 2.7619047619048 of 4 stars
 |  You need updating  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2014

Dr, Schneier has left CA and is currently in NV. I understand he left other unsatisfied patients besides myself. His surgery on my back put me in a wheelchair with a leg that couldn.t move for a year and a half. He didn't even say he was leaving.

|  Amazing staff and doctor  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2012

Dr. Schneier and staff where very polite and had a great experience with them. Staff was very helpful with forms and friendly. I think its the first front office young lady who i met who actually seemed to enjoy her job. Dr was amazing diagnosed me well and took as long as i needed. will recommend him to my relatives and friends.

|  Poor bedside manners, no follow-up, phone calls not returned  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2012

I recently had an appointment with Dr. Schneir to review my MRI of my lower back. I now realize why it was easy to get an appointment and no waiting. It's because of his lack of professionalism, and rush to diagnosis. He recommended surgery when 2 other doctors told me it was unnecessary. I mentioned this to him and he said "so what?". He walked out without saying anything and when I left, I saw him playing a game on his computer. What a jerk he is!

Apr 24th, 2012

The doctor was very good to me. The office was sterile, waiting room not inviting and staff a bit distant but the doctor himself was very attentive and explained everything very well. I wish doctors would just appreciate how important an inviting waiting room or welcoming environment is to patients. It felt as though it was a satellite office that no one really cared about. I think he is a good doctor and deserves his staff to put forth a little extra effort to reflect that :)

|  Excellent experience  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2012

I am a young athletic man in pristine health so imagine my surprise when I woke up in extreme pain that brought my life to a standstill. My condition required a ALIF (Anterior Lumbar Inter-body Fusion or spine fusion) at the L4-L5 level. I was very concerned about having such a serious procedure, the recovery process and not to mention how it would effect my life going forward. Dr. Schneier took all of my concerns seriously, answered all of my questions and left me feeling like I was in good hands. I had the surgery in March '12 and was amazed that I was able to walk the same day. I was discharged from the hospital the following day and within a week, I was driving and working again. Today is 1-month after my surgery and minus a little soreness from the incision site, I am back to mountain biking and all of my pre-surgery activities. I couldn't have imagined a better outcome or a more professional and competent physician. I highly recommend Dr. Schneier and his staff!

Feb 3rd, 2012

This doctor may be good but he does not follow up. He is always in surgery when I call him, his secretary is pleasant sometimes. I still suffer with pain.No, I would not recommand him. I have two other patients who went to him and have complained to me also.-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

Oct 12th, 2011

The doc showed me the exact procedure before its was done.

Sep 3rd, 2011

he is not caring at all

|  Best Neurosurgeon That I Ever Met  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2011

Dr. Shneier is a wonderful doctor and a superior diagnostician. He accurately diagnosed my spinal problem, did the surgery and took care of me in the hospital. He is kind and patient, answered all of my questions and did an excellent job of following up post operatively and was always warm and kind. This is the jewish doctor for which you are searching. In my medical career,I've worked with quite a few surgeons both in New York and California and he is Number 1 on my list. I also have been to see several doctors in both New York and California and he is by far the best in his field that I have ever met. If you have to wait to get an appointment, wait, you will be happy that you did. Thank you Dr. Shneier. He is caring, sincerely concerned and prepared me psychologically for what was to come. and gentle. Dr. Shneier

|  Terry Johanson  |  show details
May 5th, 2011

Dr. Schneier has nothing more in mind other than profit. He recommends unnecessary surgeries just to make a buck. Be your own advocate and seek another physician. Just because someone is smart enough to pass the medical exam does not mean he or she is a good doctor. In regards to Dr. Schneier, I recommend that you look elsewhere.

|  The Best!  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2011

Dr. Schneier is the most professional Nuerosurgeon that I met with during my ordeal. He was patient, detailed, kind and understanding. Not only did he meet with myself for well over an hour to explain the diagnosis and the procedure, but met with my wife for over an hour to explain it to her and show all the MRI, Cat Scans and X-Rays. The procedure was flawless and he was extremely accurate on the recovery and results. I would highly, highly recommend Dr. Schneier in all regards.

|  The Best Diagnostician and Surgeon  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2010

I can't rate him high enough. He is excellent as a diagnostician. He is honest and down to earth. The surgery heperformed on me was highly successful.

|  An entirely positive experience - my pain is gone  |  show details
by Lorine D on Aug 21st, 2010

I was experiencing a lot of pain near my lower spine and physical therapy wasn't helping. My Neurologist ordered an MRI which indicated a large cyst on L4/L5 of my spine and then referred me to Dr. Schneier.Dr. Schneier was very personalbe and thorough in his approach to understanding all of my symptoms. He took the time to shw me my MRIs, explain what they meant, what the best plan of action would be, in layman's terms, and asked me if I had any questions or concerns. Two weeks later the cyst was removed at the Avanguard Surgery Center. The cyst was much larger than is appeared on the MRI and had a nerve bundle wrapped around it made this a very delicate operation. The pain was immedately and completely relieved. There was not even any pain at or around the incision. I firmly believe that this was due to Dr. Schneirerr's skill and talent as a surgeon.While I was in recovery, Dr Schneier expalined to my family what was done and gave them photos of the implant. I was able to go home the same day and returned to a full work schedule two weeks after the procedure.My entire experience with Dr. Schneier and his staff was very positive. Everyone was very helpful, efficient and pleasant. I was truly amazed at the ease of the entire process, very personal and lacking in the usual red tape.

|  watch out!! (uncaring, pompous, rude)  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2009

i saw dr. schneier while i was experiencing severe pain, a friend was with me, and witnessed his complete lack of empathy, and his refusal to even examine me, due to the fact the he is a friend of the surgeon that originally did my spine surgery, then he said "nobody else wants to help you, why should i??" i left his office in tears...

|  Beware!  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2009

I would not recommend this doctor nor his PA, Dean Wilson.