Dr. Michael Schueppert MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 13th, 2010
Excellent Dr with Not-So-Good Bedside Manner
My mother had an emergency surgical procedure done recently by Dr. Schueppert. I live across the country, but my daughter is a senior nursing student and lives with her. We were all happy that my daughter was with my mother and could report back to us on her condition. My daughter stayed with my mother and met Dr. Schueppert before the surgery. After the surgery, instead of coming down and talking to her as they said he would, he just brushed my daughter off like she wasn't worth talking to (maybe because she is young). He just sent down a message that everything went OK...meanwhile, we all had questions that my daughter was planning to ask him. Very rude, rather full of himself, I'd say, and disrespectful to my daughter and our family.

January 8th, 2010
Probably a good surgeon
Dr. Schuppert is probably a good surgeon. I can't really judge that. I think he takes on too much and is too busy to see patients in a timely manner. He does not do a good job of educating patients about their problems. He is condescending--"trust me, I'm God" attitude. I think he kind of blows off seniors. Even with a clean bill of health on all my pre-op work and no major health problems, he just sort of patted me on the hand and said, "What I'm doing should be enough to last you for the duration." I should have gone with the other doctor who said I needed more invasive treatment. If I do decide to go for the other surgery, it won't be with Dr. Schuppert.

September 21st, 2008
an excellent vascular surgeon in St. Louis Park MN
Not only is he an excellent surgeon, but he practices at an excellent hospital: Methodist in St. Louis Park, which reminded us a lot of Mayo in Rochester with respect to cheerful atmosphere, cleanliness, efficiency, allocation of staff, friendliness of staff, etc.