A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Schuhknecht:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Schuhknecht is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schuhknecht
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schuhknecht Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Morbid Obesity
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Schuhknecht graduated from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, East Lansing. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Schuhknecht has 15 hospital affiliations:
- St. John Hospital & Medical Center
- Garden City Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael P Schuhknecht DO is a male Surgeon, has 19 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Bariatric Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Michael P. Schuhknecht practice?
- Dr. Michael Schuhknecht has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Schuhknecht practices Surgery and Bariatric Medicine near Niles, MI.
See Niles Surgeons and Niles Bariatric Specialists.