Dr. Michael Scutella MD Patient Reviews

• 24 reviews

no change

August 24th, 2016
No meaningful advice
During first prenatal appointment doctor didn't give too much attention. No recommendations due to previous medical history. A lot of doctors with 4 times less "experience " can give you more meaningful information.

May 8th, 2016
This so called "Doctor" and I used that term lightly is the absolute worst! He places patients at risk and their unborn children! You are not safe under his care, Many patients have suffered the consequences of his so called care! Don't choose him!

November 24th, 2015
horrible doctor
I am very angry with this so called "doctor". He has no current knowledge of medical practice! He pushes surgery and pain medicine as if he were looking for something to do. His bedside manner is very poor. He botched a surgery on me then tried to cover it up following the complications. Upon doing extensive research on surgery, he told me there was no such thing as the complications I had. Because of his carelessness, I am now undergoing several surgeries to fix what he did wrong! I will not even get into the fact that he failed to report the surgery to my insurance company.

July 16th, 2015
Scatella does not practice as his partners do keeping in mind the health and well being of patients. Mistake after mistake after mistake should be is medical mantra! Does not deserve the credentials he has!

May 30th, 2015
Dr. Scutella is a great doctor. He definitely spends time with his patients and never makes you feel rushed.

January 26th, 2015
Very complacent.

August 4th, 2014
Dr. Scutella is a pretty good doctor and I have no regrets about putting my gynecological health in his hands! He, along with his team listen, act and follow up... I have never had any issues in all the years I have been his patient - he has been right on the ball with diagnosis and has a good sense of humor!

January 3rd, 2014
I have worked for and been a patient to quite a few OB/GYN physicians, and Dr. Scutella is by far the best in Erie, he is extremely smart and I would not trust my body or baby to any other doctor around here.

December 5th, 2013
Poor Physician!
I Can definitively say without a doubt Dr Scutella should be removed from the medical field! You should NOT choose this doctor for your health care needs! The positive reviews below are extremely questionable and one must wonder if either his staff or Scutella himself wrote the reviews! Do yourself a BIG favor and research him more thoroughly if you're even remotely considering him as your new doctor- then you'll come to learn he is an extremely risky choice for a Ob/Gyn!

September 3rd, 2013
Saw him two times and he was totally unprepared for both appointments. Asked me who had prescribed a medication that HE had prescribed to me before had not idea what I was there for. Does not listen . I felt rushed out of the office. I was a number to him not a patient.

February 23rd, 2013
Dr Scutella has been my Dr for over 20 years and he has been a fabulous Doctor! He takes time to answer all my questions (and I always have alot of them) explains things thoroughly, has wonderful bedside manner, gives an honest opinion, very knowledgable and cares about his patients!

June 28th, 2012
poor bedside manner, like talking to a statistical computer, no personality, very arrogant