Dr. Michael Segal MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 7th, 2017
Dr. Segal Excels
I've seen Dr. Segal for many years due to a chronic condition. He's gone above and beyond on many occasions to make sure that the procedures are scheduled quickly. He shows empathy for difficult conditions and works hard to ensure that I receive the best treatment possible. I've seen a few other urologists for the same condition, but Dr. Segal has shown willingness to work with me consistently with excellent care every time.

October 23rd, 2015
Dr. Segal twice told me, on two different visits, that I had bladder cancer without conducting any biopsies or other kinds of tests. Then, after the first biopsy I was in excruciating pain when I urinated, something I did not experience with another urologist. Dr. Segal seemed aloof and was unfriendly, gruff, and nearly uncommunicative, talking down to me. I saw him very briefly before one of the biopsy surgeries, but he never explained what he was going to do. Before the second biopsy he told me he was going to laser my prostate because it had become enlarged. I asked the side effects to which he replied there would be a slight decrease in semen. That was a blatant understatement. That biopsy was the end of my sex life forever and beginning of a long and painful process of urination that continues to this day. I have since switched urologists who told me during my first visit with him that I did not have bladder cancer, but the damage was already done by Dr. Segal. After the second biopsy Dr. Segal placed a stent in my right ureter but never explained why. Upon returning to his office to have it removed a week later I was made to wait 2 painful hours for him because he was late. I have since been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis, something he never mentioned. Follow-up care was nearly non-existent with him.

August 6th, 2014
Dr. Segal was courteous and gave me good information. After my appointment time I waited 40 minutes in the waiting room, then after talking to the receptionist ("we are just waiting for a room to open"), another 10 minute wait. Once in the exam room another 55 minute wait. No one bothered to say " I'm so sorry you had to wait", and that simple statement would have kept me from writing this note of complaint. They definitely need to hire more staff, and to train t,he staff to politely visit with anyone who gas had to wait more than 20 minutes.

June 2nd, 2017