Neurologists, Psychiatrist
Overlea Personal Physicians
7602 Belair Rd
Herring Run Park, Nottingham, MD 21236
410-347-1891
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Jul 28th, 2012

I have had two appointments with Dr. Sellman and I wish I could state it was a positive experience. I was totally disappointed with the level of care displayed by Dr. Sellman. He was disrespectful to me as a patient and made completely rude comments regarding my local attending neurologist. During my visit he never examined me or offered any testing to confirm or rule-out a particular diagnosis. I would encourage him to increase his skills learning to treat others with respect. There is no excuse for a doctor to display such a rude attitude with anyone.

|  Disappointed at his arrogant demeanor...almost left ten mins. into appointment  |  show details
May 18th, 2011

Dr. Sellman came recommended by the office of my surgeon. He may care, but his bedside manner is abrupt and rude. He asked me questions and I had a lengthy medical history. He said, "That was a lot of words. What is your chief complaint." When you have constant pins and needles and hand tremors, memory issues, etc..it's hard to say which concerns you the most. He looked at my records and said the "patient is always right" and told me to see other drs. which he printed off the internet.In other words, he didn't appear caring, has an odd demeanor and felt I should have stayed with my previous neurologist, who was also arrogant. What is with neurologists? I would NOT waste my time seeing this Dr.

|  Dr. Micheal Sellman Cares...  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2010

Dr. Micheal Sellman has properly diagnosed me with a serious illness. Top ease my anxiety, emotional pain, and frustration... he took TIME to explain to me the/my options. Having said the above, I am being seen at the Mount Sinai Traumatic Brain and Spinal Injury Center... At that particular medical facility, I am beginning the "healing" process... PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY,MENTALLY, and most of all SPIRITUALLY...

|  Lacked Courtesy and Professionalism - very disappointed with office.  |  show details
by Margaret French on Sep 7th, 2010

Have never written a review about a Doctor, but this experience was so bad that felt it was warranted. I was referred to Dr. Sellman by Internist as well as an Oral Surgeon. Called to make an appointment and was asked symptoms on the phone by answering receptionist, was never given the opportunity to make an appointment and/or speak to the doctor. Was told that Dr. Sellman would not be able to help based on symptoms described to office staff, even though 3 doctors all recommended a neurologist be consulted. Found the receptionist on the phone to be both rude and abrupt. Doctor came highly recommended but was warned that bedside manner might leave something to be desired by recommending physician. Can't rate bedside manner myself since I was not given the opportunity to even make the appointment. The screening process by the office staff was not only unprofessional but downright rude! Would not recommend this office to anyone!

|  show details
by Diana B on Mar 23rd, 2010

Dr. Sellman is perhaps the best specialist I have ever encountered. He was very interested in my concerns and I felt like he knew exactly what I was expressing. I researched the test I was about to have and I was a bit frightened. However, Dr. Sellman talked to me the whole time and what I thought would be very painful was in fact very easy. I am confident it was because of his care and consideration. He even gave me a quick call to be sure I received all the information I needed. That has never happened!The most important quality I found in Dr. Sellman was that he did not diminish my symptoms and actually agreed that how I got to where I was made sense. The wait time was a bit more than I anticipated but Dr. Sellman is well worth the wait. Next time I will bring a book. The waiting room in the Overlea office was very comfortable. I highly recommend Dr. Sellman to anyone needed neurological services. With appreciation,Diana