Dr. Michael Septer DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

May 9th, 2016
Love the doctor but he needs new staff with experience to long of a wait,over 4 months and still waiting for them to send paper work for a g,i

January 28th, 2016
He was a good doctor and still is I was having issues and I pursued a certain type of medication that I knew would work for me and we kinda got off to a ruff start I'm better now think clearly and it was my fault I left not his , just hope he excepts my apolige

January 18th, 2016
Most Messed up Dr ever
Dr. Septer is the worst doctor ever. He doesnt care about anyone but himself, and money. He treated me and my fiance like dirt. My fiance has very serious medical conditions and he said there was nothing he could do for him and threw us out of the office. He filled our prescriptions that month and that was it. He made up fake weight, blood pressure and conditions that he never even checked. He is the most rude and disrespectful person I have ever met in a professional enviroment. He likes to walk out while you are in the middle of talking. I am so flabbergasted at what he is doing. We think he needs to lose his license. He is just out there I dont think anyone needs the abuse that he puts out to anyone. Ask about excerise and he goes into a sermon about god. If I wanted a sermon I would go to church not a doctor. I dont advise anyone to go to him. He will just make you mad and upset. I dont know how anyone can give him a good review when he is just unprofessional and very very disrespectful and I hope if any of you go to him you dont have the same problems, or life threating issues my fiance has a very bad heart and he just pretty much said F. U I cant help you you need to find someone else.

April 6th, 2015
Very caring and compassionate provider!

July 18th, 2013
Things have changed around that office since I started seeing Dr. Septer in 2008. Staff turn-around is a continuum, wait times are long, inexperienced staff is a HUGE problem here, and if you say anything to Dr. Septer about it he blows a fuse. Dr. Septer used to care and take time to listen to his patients, and he genuinely cared about our health. Now it seems as though he does not care, and rushes patients through. Wait times are long, and once the doctor finally gets into your room about 3 minutes later one of the assistants will come in with some sort of paperwork, and then the doctor walks out of the room and never returns. Your literally left hanging and wondering what just happened. There is no conversing anymore on medical issues or matters, it is literally refill your medications and leave. I have literally been waiting for like 4 months now on a fax that was sent regarding a medication of mine. Staff there are not competent at all. It is always a new gal, and they are not even friendly, plus I find them not knowing what is going on half the time. Do not let the nice office, and expensive furnishings and decorations fool you people. No one in that office cares about his patients. It is terrible. I have found another doctor, and I do not advise seeing Dr. Septer for any type of medical condition or treatment. He barely spends 2 minutes in the room with a patient now. I would like to find out from him what happened to make him go from a caring doctor to a get'em and get'em out doctor.

July 15th, 2013
dr septer
Dr. Septer was d has been compassionate and effective for me. He really worked with me when I had no insurance. His bedside manner has always been great with me and I have never waited as long as some of these reviews are reporting. The longest wait was 45 minutes. His staff worked hard to find me a specialist that takes Kent County health plan. I have been able to get in at the last minute quite often over the years when I needed to. Overall, II think he is great and the staff is great.

May 15th, 2013
Great Doctor!
I was so shocked to see these negative comments I felt the need to do a review. I totally disagree. I think Dr. Septer is a great doctor who is really compassionate. I have not had any negative experiences and I have recommended Dr. Septer to many friends and relatives. I find some of the comments made to be very, very hard to believe.

April 24th, 2012
after my last appointment, I would never return to a doctor likes this man

March 23rd, 2012
seems over booked and lost control and yelled at a patient in lobby
Looking for a doctor that cares more about patient health than redocotating his office..I think he made the wrong career choice.

January 19th, 2012
What a nightmare, avoid this physician at all costs
Rude angry doctor who doesn't listen or care, blames the patient for staff mistakes and poor communication, takes his personal frustrations out on the patient, and rants to your face about the paperwork and low rate of pay involved in accepting patients on government health care plans (in spite of the fact he has a seemingly constant stream of double-booked medicare and medicaid patients churning through his office on a daily basis). Between one and two hours wait time is typical, and never an apology from the staff that clearly doesn't appreciate the value of your time. No callback or follow through when you try to contact them about a critical situation, medication problem or emergency. Poor patient communication and terrible follow up care up from the entire office staff. His employees do not follow through with appointments, referrals, pre-auths and other critically important office procedures and you are forced into a position where you must call the office repeatedly to get anything done. They brush you off by telling you that they've already done the task when they've done nothing of the sort. When you become upset that your care is being delayed and compromised, and have the audacity to bring it to the doctors attention, he becomes angry and dismissive... this happened to me recently. I am disabled older patient on Medicaid, and received a referral to Dr. Septer for pain management and other chronic health issues.It was taking weeks and on some tasks a month or more to get his office staff to follow through with the simple procedures necessary to establish a new patient. When I finally complained in frustration he went off on me, and complained to my face that he only gets $32 dollars per visit for a Medicaid patient and they have too much paperwork to make seeing patients like me worth their while. When I explained that I'm simply trying to coordinate my care as a new patient he continued to rant and suggested that perhaps we were not a 'good fit' (understatement). I had several health related needs jammed up in the pipeline and in critical need of addressing, due to ongoing lack of communication with his staff, and I set them down on paper so that we could sit down and work through them one at a time. He told me that he didn't have time for all of that and he was done.. he stormed out of the examining room in the middle of our conversation, after I had waited an hour and a half to see him. I sat there in shock for a few minutes, then picked my jaw up off the floor and left the office in tears. I will never - repeat, NEVER - go back to that office for any reason and want nothing to do with this physician... I have never seen such a disturbing level of disrespect, patient neglect, incompetence and lack of professionalism. This doctor runs a medicaid/medicare patient mill and could care less about quality of care. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor... there are physicians in the area who gladly accept patients on Medicare and Medicaid, communicate with them like human beings, care about the quality of care they receive, and don't treat them like dirt on the bottom of their shoes. Nobody deserves this kind of frustration.

October 23rd, 2011
Displaced Venting and rudeness
Please be warned of the waiting time being at least 1 hour and more for an appointment. Office staff turnover so nobody remembers you or why you are coming in. Last visit Dr. Septer exploded about the paper work it was going to take so that I could have a MRI on my very painful neck. The MRI was "his" idea to for me to have three months prior on my last vist, but he forgot that. So be prepared for mood swings, office turnover and waiting for over an hour...and you get to pay for all this. I won't be going back for more abuse.

September 14th, 2011
had to wait over 3 hours just to get in a room, then longer in the room(that is with an appt)then nurses seem to have no clue or care what they are doing. when dr got in the room, all the stuff i told the nurse i need to do and discuses went out the window, and he only spent a few min with me..will be looking for new dr.