Dr. Michael Shaheen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Shaheen?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Michael Shaheen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 31st, 2015

I find dr. Shaheen to be very professional and explains things well, however, his receptionist is unfriendly and could care less about your situation. I won't go back due to her rudeness & lousy attitude.

March 14th, 2015

Dr. Shaheen has always been a very caring, professional doctor. The best.

March 10th, 2013

As everyone says Dr Shaheen has a wonderful bedside manner. He is gentle in voice and manner and is very easy to talk to. For me the biggest issue is Pam, the front desk help. She is exactly the opposite. Not helpful, curt and just plain rude. She does what she absolutely has to do and nothing more.... it came to the point I didn't even like to call there because I knew I would be met with hostility no matter what the question and I ended up switching doctors primarily because of her :(

March 16th, 2012

I would never recommend this Doctor! I had him for my first pregnancy and everything went fine, so when the second pregnancy came i went back to him. My last visit at full term i was very concerned that baby wasn't moving and he dismissed all my concerns and assured me everything was fine, went into labor 2 days later and found out at hospital my baby was dead and delivered a stillborn. Was told the cord strangled my baby. 4 1/2 years later got pregnant for our third child and went back to him because his bedside manners are wonderful. 6 weeks early went into labor to find out baby was not doing well and was shipped to Hurley, had an emergency C-section and my baby died 9 hours later. Experts from Hurley looked into my history to find out my stillborn's death was not the cord and he missed an abruption in the placenta and lied to us to cover himself. Both deaths were due to RH Desease and he did nothing for my babies, just covering his behind.

November 28th, 2011

Excellent Dr.

When I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer, no one wanted to take on the responsibility of surgery because my heart problems and my large size. My daughters have been Dr Mike's patients for years so naturally we turned to him. He made me feel so at ease and like it wasnt a big deal no matter what size I was. Ok was given by my cardiologist previously so there was no question in his mind he could do this surgery and was very confident. It wasnt a question, he could and would do it. The results were excellent and I came thru it just fine. In fact it took less time than he thought it would and I had a lesser amount of blood loss than the normal person. He visited me in the hospital on a regularly daily basis. I am so grateful to Dr. Mike for easing my mind and making me feel I was like everyone else in this situation. Thank You Dr. Mike

September 22nd, 2010

Will Not Return To Him For Second Pregnancy

While he can highly recommended for his bedside manner, I can't say I would recommend him. Yes, he can come across as caring in a general and routine kind of way. But it wasn't like he really cared about what I was going through as a patient. It was my first pregnancy and I trusted his every move, not knowing any difference. When I wanted to talk about my birth plan at the end of the pregnancy, he kept saying, "next time". We NEVER talked about it, and I was a week over due! He did find the time to keep talking to me about my weight gain though. He kept saying "don't eat too much". I gained 30 lbs in my pregnancy.My delivery did not go well, had complications, and I suffered extensive damage. Baby suffered complications too. Of course he showed up at the very last moment, as I'm told most doctors do, to sew me up. The day after delivery he did a routine check and said I did a "good job", and that was that. As far as I'm concerned, a good doctor is one who works with you during your pregnancy and delivery, for the mother AND baby's health. Not one that goes through the "normal" routine of checkups and doesn't want to talk, with a mask of "good bedside manner". Then shows up at the last minute of delivery.In the end, I pay a doctor to take care of my health. I don't feel Dr. Shaheen did.I am in my second pregnancy and with another doctor and it is NIGHT AND DAY to what I experienced with Shaheen. Very happy with current doctor. This pregnancy is how I expected it to be like the first time around.

December 22nd, 2009

2 babies later

Let me say my 2 best friends each had 2 children delivered by Dr.Shaheen and he was fabulous. Then it was my turn 8 years ago he delivered my first, and 5 years ago my second. Two years ago he delivered number 3 for my best friend. He also delivered both my sisters kids and my thought is only unhappy people usually leave reviews. He is a phenomenal doctor and I would HIGHLY Recommend him (and have) to anyone.

November 10th, 2016