Dr. Michael Shapiro Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Michael Shapiro?

Mrs. Joyce Alesius

Posted on December 10th, 2016

Dr. Shapiro performed 2 lower back surgeries and 1 on my husband. He was wonderful. I have recommended him to others who agree that he is one of the best. Its such a shame that one dissatisfied patient feels they were taken advantage of; however, Dr. Shapiro can take advantage of me any time....surgery that is!!! I trust him explicitly. He gave me all the risks and time to think about my operations. He never pushed into anything. One reason you have to wait to see him is that he actually spends quality time with each patient. Mds

Posted on December 8th, 2015

Mr Shapiro not only to spend time seeing how I'm feeling he also has time to find out about everything else important in my life I find him to be a wonderful doctor

Posted on October 27th, 2015

Just wanted to thank Dr. Shapiro after having a disk replacement in my neck its been 100 percent. He is a awesome doctor and have recommended him to many people who also think very highly of him. I wouldnt let anyone else treat my back/neck . Thank you Thank you Thank you

Posted on August 13th, 2014

Doctor Michael B Shapiro is a great Spine Surgeon who is Fellowship Trained and is extremely caring and attentive to the needs of his patients. At every appointment, I am called promptly and receive high quality medical care from Doctor Shapiro and his Physician's Assistant, Jason.

Neck surgery

Posted on February 6th, 2014

The very first time I met Dr Shapiro I liked him. His approach is very down to earth and he spoke to me in terms that I understood. Even my wife was impressed with him. Dr Shapiro answered all of her questions and put her mind at ease as well. He truly showed compassion to my needs as well as my wife's. I would recommend anyone who needs neck surgery to speak to Dr Shapiro. He is the best there is. No doubt about it. Thank you Dr Shapiro for all you did to make me feel as good as I do. I know that no other surgeon could have made me feel as safe as you did.

Feeling Good

Posted on August 24th, 2012

I have been suffering from back pain my whole life. As a child I had scoliosis and was told at the age of 20 I had disc degeneration. At 31, and after two kids, years of physical therapy, and different treatments, the pain became unbearable. I had been seeing Dr. Shapiro for a number of years before we decided to have a total disc replacement in my cervical spine. I felt at ease with Dr. Shapiro and I trusted him. Before the surgery he sat with me for quite a while and explained everything. I knew I was in good if not the best hands. After my insurance denied the surgery and refused to pay a dime, I was very concerned. He told me not to worry about it and he only wanted me to feel better. He knew how miserable I was. The pain had not only affected my career, but it also affected my relationship with my husband and children. I was always in a bad mood and snapping at everyone. I felt terrible. Today I'm a new person and owe everything to this great doctor. He has not only saved me from tremendous pain, but has saved me from going into debt by eating the surgery. But most importantly, he had saved my marriage. I would recommend Dr. Shapiro a million times over. Thank you Dr. Shapiro.

Surgery consultation 2011

Posted on September 11th, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Shapiro. I already knew I needed a fusion in my lower back before I saw him. The wait was not long, they had to wait for me to fill out mu forms, and the staff did so with a smile. He took his time explaining to me exactly what to expect and answered all of my questions with even more insight that I didn't think of. When he took my hand with a smile and told me that everything will be alright I knew that I had finally found the surgeon I was looking for and believe me I've seen plenty prior to seeing Dr. Shapiro. I believe that he is the answer to my prayers - and his credentials are impressive too! You don't find many qualified surgeon with a kind heart and empathy!

Posted on June 30th, 2011

I had extensive back pain in April. I called to make an appointment with him and he was booked until a month later. He ordered an MRI at this time, which could be scheduled no earlier than a month later. The earliest a follow-up could be scheduled was a month after that. I felt he was very dismissive at my follow-up, and down-played my injury. When I asked for some exercises to help, he simply said he'd write me a script for PT. It takes forever to see him. I know he's popular, but the quantity of patients seems to outweigh the quality of treatment.

Posted on September 24th, 2017