A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Shapiro, Dermatologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Acne Rosacea
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Mt Sinai Hospital
- Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The
- Mt. Sinai Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 34 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael Shapiro practice?
Dr. Michael Shapiro practices Dermatology near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Forest Hills, NY.
See Brooklyn Dermatologists.