Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner, Sports Medicine Specialist
Video profile

The Jerk Store Called.... show details The Jerk Store Called....
by Stupid Patient on Feb 24th, 2016

He's a creep. Rude. Condescending.

Sports injuries - Kids show details Sports injuries - Kids
by D.Reed on Oct 19th, 2009

I have a teenage son who competes in motocross and unfortunately that means a high likelyhood for a sports-related injury. In his case, it was a badly broken arm. Even though the break was bad, the doctors agreed that surgery wouldn't be necessary, so we were referred to Sports Medicine specialist Dr. Michael Shea with Mercy Medical Group. With that decision, however, meant weeks in a variety of casts and braces, followed by months of physical therapy (at home in our case). Throughout regular visits with Dr. Shea, he was very attentive to my son and to me. He answered all of our questions and was very supportive of both of our needs (of course, my needs/questions/concerns were much different than my son's!). He explained in detail how the injury was healing, what the consequences of not doing the physical therapy would be (incentive for my son to do it!) and reassured me that it would not affect his upcoming growth. I was so thankful to have been referred to such a caring doctor during such a tramatic time. Thank you!