Family Physicians, Sports Medicine Specialist
Dignity Health
9394 Big Horn Blvd
Elk Grove, CA 95758
916-733-5700
Locations and availability (6)

|  Very knowledgeable and helpful  |  show details
by KB on Apr 2nd, 2013

I am getting ready to compete in a ½ Ironman in June and full Ironman in Sept. 6 week ago while running, I injured my calf. Since it has been taking so long to heal, I went to Dr. Shea to make sure I didn’t severely injure my calf and also make sure I am doing the right things for recovery. Dr. Shea was incredibly helpful and answered all of my questions. I could tell he was really listening and he made sure I understood what he was telling me. I was impressed with his knowledge and more impressed with the attention and time he gave me.

|  Sports injuries - Kids  |  show details
by D.Reed on Oct 19th, 2009

I have a teenage son who competes in motocross and unfortunately that means a high likelyhood for a sports-related injury. In his case, it was a badly broken arm. Even though the break was bad, the doctors agreed that surgery wouldn't be necessary, so we were referred to Sports Medicine specialist Dr. Michael Shea with Mercy Medical Group. With that decision, however, meant weeks in a variety of casts and braces, followed by months of physical therapy (at home in our case). Throughout regular visits with Dr. Shea, he was very attentive to my son and to me. He answered all of our questions and was very supportive of both of our needs (of course, my needs/questions/concerns were much different than my son's!). He explained in detail how the injury was healing, what the consequences of not doing the physical therapy would be (incentive for my son to do it!) and reassured me that it would not affect his upcoming growth. I was so thankful to have been referred to such a caring doctor during such a tramatic time. Thank you!