Dr. Michael Shim MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 24th, 2014
appointment
I met with Dr. Shim to discuss an up coming colonoscopy. He was very nice and took a lot of time with me. I am concerned however about the operation site itself. It is in a sort of strip mall setting not a hospital. I hope it is as professionally run and sterile as I would expect from a hospital.

August 23rd, 2014
Concerns
Dr. Shim is a fine doctor. My concern is with one nurse. When asked, "What is a node (nodule) she said, "Look it up on your computer when you go home." There were three listings on a sheet of paper handed to me which concerned my colonoscopy; polyps, hemorrhoids and nodes (nodules). I know what polyps and hemmerhoids are, but not nodes. I didn't connect that nodes could be lymph nodes. I wanted a definition, not a flippant rebuke. I was really shocked because I've been a cancer patients and my experience with the nursing staffs at all the cancer specialists I have been a patient of have the most wonderful nursing staffs. As a retired teacher I wondered if she really didn't know the definition and I would think all nursing personnel should know what the definitions of medical terms are in the particular field of medicine they are working in. I have to go back in three years because I didn't handle the prep as well as I should have; but I wonder now if another venue would be better for me. The doctor who did my colonoscopy seven years ago has retired, and I recall the nurse assisting him was terrific. Oh well, cudos to Paulina, she was very sweet. But I think all nursing staff should know the answers to basic terminology in that office to not offend patients, even when it's very busy.

November 9th, 2012
The staff and Dr shim were excellent. He monitored my treatment and made sure everything was done to get to through it successfully. We beat that problem and I have an upcoming appt on Nov 12th to tackle a new one. Grateful to have Dr Shim and have complete confidence in his ability. MWO

January 28th, 2012
Great
Worked efficiently and was very understanding and knowledgeable about my problem.

September 29th, 2011
Didn't Listen
Cattle call appointment.. Get them in get them out. Did not listen to a word that was said.

July 8th, 2011
Excellent in all respects
I was very pleased with Dr. Shim and his staff in every way I found his service Excellent. I had a colonoscopy and a endoscopy. I will add at 79 years.