Orthopedic Surgeons

4660 S Hagadorn Rd
Ste 420
East Lansing, MI 48823
517-884-6100
Locations and availability (3)

by Sue M. on Mar 7th, 2014

Dr. Michael Shingles is Excellent! He performed 12 surgeries on me after I was hit broadside by a pick-up truck while riding my bicycle in Sep. 2012, at age 53. He totally reconstructed my right knee, ACL, MCL, PCL and LCL. Today, the knee is strong, stable and flexible. He repaired my left humorous bone at the shoulder, which was pulverized. Today, range of motion is nearly fully restored and pain free. My left leg had to amputated above the knee; it too was a success and now I walk with a prosthesis and regaining my former activity level. At the time of the accident, Dr Shingles was diligent in scheduling surgeries, even on Sundays. My care and recovery was his primary objective. His compassion unparalleled. I am so grateful to Dr. shingles.

|  Love Dr. Shingles  |  show details
by Dee S on Jul 14th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Shingles for over 7 years. While at times he can run late for his appointments, it is usually because he is spending time with his patients. I have never felt intimidated, or uncomfortable with Dr. Shingles. He is calm, funny and listens to your concerns. I would recommend him each and every time. In fact, I have.

by Karen Watson on Apr 8th, 2013

Dr. Shingles is a great compassionate doctor. He is very good at what he does and he truly cares about his patients. He did a wonderful job repairing my leg after I broke 2 bones near my knee. He was on vacation but came to the hospital to do emergency surgery for me. It was a long recovery, but now I am doing great. I highly recommend Dr. Shingles!

|  Huge Fan!  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2011

I'm a Medical Assistant at a different office and was refered to Dr. Shingles after an Accident I had. I tore my ACL and had a menicus repair in my left knee. He preformed my surgery and was considerate with my pain management and instead of a huge scar over my knee I have a very very small scar on the lower right corner of my knee. He did a wonderful job and helped me and my parents understand what surgery was going to be like. He is a very funny guy who knows what he is talking about. Dr. Shingles gave me some great advise and made me very comfortable. I also love the physicans assistant Dr. Mike Straus. He was the one who spent almost an hour going over my MRI and helped me understand everything that happend with my accident. I knew that either Dr. Straus or Dr. Shingles would be a call away if I needed them. I am almost fully recovered and on my way to running after a huge accident and many hours in doctors offices. I would recommend anyone to MSU. Hope this helps-Brittany

Oct 26th, 2011

Dr Shingles is caring and sympathedic. I like that he takes a noninvasive approach and is a believer in PT!His office staff is also very friendly and personable.

Jan 31st, 2011

I had my left knee scoped by Dr. Shingles. Surgery was easy and recovery was quick. Now I am going back to get my right one done and he is the guy to go to. I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking at getting surgery.

|  butcher  |  show details
by anonymous on Nov 11th, 2010

has no idea what he is doing. Heard he was involved in a scam involving patient abuse.

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
by Marie G. on Sep 16th, 2009

Dr. Shingles was the surgeon for my second experience of ACL reconstruction, so I have the ability to make comparisons. His pre-surgical and post-surgical care was excellent. Courteous and caring bedside manner and listens to the patient. He's not afraid to spend some time with his patients and makes sure he understands their situation and concerns. Dr. Shingles would be my first choice should I need ACL reconstruction again.