Overall Review

no change

July 24th, 2016
Dr Shirk gets to the root of the problem. He does not push med for every little thing. Very knowledgeable and compassionate. I highly recommend him.

November 20th, 2012
10 yr. patient with nothing but compliments - READ
Dr. Michael Shirk is a doctor who you can build a very productive, trusting dr./patient relationship with. He has a deep understanding of the needs of his patients and is a highly skilled doctor who is familiar with all modern treatments available. If there is something he doesn't handle, he knows who to refer you to so that you are guarenteed the best care even if you need to see a specialist. He pays way above average attention to detail, makes sure that prescriptions are accurate as well as called in on time (not early, not late). He has gone the extra mile in many cases for me (if he knows and trusts you as a patient). Once you build a productive dr/patient relationship with Dr. Shirk, in my opinion, he is THE BEST. I recently moved and am traveling 90 miles so that I can continue to keep seeing him. It's worth the $30 in gas roundtrip. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about all the doctors in this practice (there is one that I don't care for at all). Dr. Shirk is someone who you can trust for prompt, accurate, thorough treatment and he is the most professional/capable doctor in Lancaster in my opinion.Dr. Shirk's intelligence and ability to read/assess people is WELL above-average. He never lets his ego get in the way of anything, in fact, he is unbelieveably modest for how good he is. I couldn't possibly ask for more. My previous doctor (Dr. Jon Ichter) was excellent, but I am more satisfied with my treatment as Dr. Shirk's patient than I have ever been with any doctor (and I usually have 10-15 dr. appointments per year).

May 6th, 2009
Dr. Shirk is an excellent doctor but it's almost impossible to get an appointment with him when you are sick. The only person that you can get is their PA. I want to be able to see Dr. Shirk for both wellness and sick appointments.