by Anthony F. on Sep 22nd, 2015

Very helpful and intelligent. Highly reccomend this doctor to anyone who needs help. A very respectable man.

Nothing Negative to Say Here.. show details Nothing Negative to Say Here..
Jul 6th, 2015

First off I have read ALL of these reviews and the ones that are "negative and extremely rude" I have to say are WAY OFF... I have only seen Dr. Shore a couple times but he would NEVER prescribe THAT MUCH suboxone I know that for a FACT! As far as rude... NO WAY!!! It's a shame people have to LIE on these reviews so people who are sincere don't know what to believe!

Dec 21st, 2014

Dr. Shore presents himself as a pure professional. He is attentive and understanding and shows complete concern regarding your treatment, recovery, and follow-up.

Dec 16th, 2014

very easily put i would not be where i am today without Dr Shores guidance

by i have on Dec 16th, 2014

i have seen dr shore for a year. and can only say he is thhe best. he saaaved my life, i allways feel better after i see him.can only say he is the best

Would recommend to family and friends show details Would recommend to family and friends
by Charles on Nov 23rd, 2014

Having dr. shore as my psychiatrist has been very helpful for me over the past several years. I've been seeing him for 3 yrs now and I'm in a much better place. I had seen several other psychiatrists in the past and most of them wanted to prescribe right away. He only wants to if it's really the right fit, which I really appreciated. Thank you dr. shore.

Top Psychiatrist in NJ show details Top Psychiatrist in NJ
by MT on Nov 21st, 2014

Dr. Shore is a knowledgeable, humble, compassionate, and accessible psychiatrist who has demonstrated the ability to address underlying conditions and provide a clear plan to care for his patients. I would recommend that anyone struggling with substance abuse and/or psychiatric illness seek therapy from this physician.

A Real TOP DOC show details A Real TOP DOC
by Ann on Nov 6th, 2014

Dr. Shore is very professional, and really cares about his patients.

Compassionate and Caring show details Compassionate and Caring
Oct 31st, 2014

I sought out Dr. Shore due to needing help with drug problems and anxiety. It was obvious within the first 10 minutes that he was highly knowledgeable, and by the end of the session I could see that he was caring as well. I have only seen him a couple of times, but he has been very helpful thus far.

patient show details patient
Aug 23rd, 2014

I had gone to Dr. Shore on a friend's recommendation, as I was having problems with depression and alcohol. I have now seen him about three times, and just now read some of his reviews. I am shocked by the negativity that a few people have written about him, as I absolutely did not see any of this. I found him to be extremely thorough, discussed his findings and treatment recommendations and had ample time to answer my questions. I highly recommend him.

What a rude man show details What a rude man
Dec 30th, 2013

OK the reviews I read are from people that suffer from addiction so who would believe them? I didn't and went to this man! After seeing his arrogant and rude behavior to me. This Dr needs peer review and to get himself looked at. Your instincts are correct. Just because your seeing this type of Dr doesn't mean you need to be treated poorly.

Thank You, Dr.M.Shore! show details Thank You, Dr.M.Shore!
Sep 28th, 2012

When I came to Dr. Shore, many people thought that i will not survive. I followed the treatment and recommendations and after few years he helped me to get off the medications. I am doing very well at work and outside of work. For person who knocked to the doctor door: doctor can have a patient, this is YOU WERE thinking only about yourself.I would recomend Dr. Michael Shore to my friends and to everyone.

Feb 13th, 2012

After reading the negative comments about Dr. Shore, I felt compelled to write a review. I didn't relate at all to the negative reviews of him. My experiences with him were positive. I went to him for Suboxone. He was correct in diagnosing my psychiatric conditions and prescribed the right amount of Suboxone. I found him to be knowledgeable and courteous and he was appropriately confrontive when the situation called for it. I could have gone to another doctor if I didn't care for Dr. Shore but I chose to continue to see him. He was also courteous in that he never kept me waiting past my appointment time. I felt that he did care about me and truly wanted to be helpful. The only reason I no longer see him is that I was temporarily staying in New Jersey and have returned to California, where I live. Otherwise, I would still be a patient of his. I have seen many psychiatrists over the years- for medication management and therapy- so I have a lot of psychiatrists to compare Dr. Shore to. I would refer him to a friend or family member and that is the best compliment I can give a doctor. He is not the person he has been described as in the negative reviews. Please weigh this review heavily, as it is totally honest and without any motive other than to respond to the negative reviews.

Aug 3rd, 2011

He is an arrogant, condesending idiot. Shows no empathy and he is quite rude.

Doctor's Response

It is, simply, not the reaction that the overwhelming majority of my patients have towards my treatment of their myriad of conditions. Most of my patients have addictive disorders, and effective treatment sometimes requires gentle confrontation of their maladaptive behaviors.

A show details A
Dec 16th, 2010

Dr. Shore is amazing, definatly one of my favorite docs i have ever seen( and thats a long list). I am a female in my young twentys and usually find it hard to connect/feel comfortable with docotrs, this is not the case with Dr. Shore he is extremly patient, kind and understanding. I've been seeing him for just over a year now and i am so happy with him, my younger brother just recently started seeing him as well( and likes him as much as i do). If you need a psychiatrist for any reason, I HIGHLY reccomend Dr.Shore, he definatly gets a 10 out of 10 in my book!!!!