Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Would recommend to family and friends  |  show details
by Charles on Nov 23rd, 2014

Having dr. shore as my psychiatrist has been very helpful for me over the past several years. I've been seeing him for 3 yrs now and I'm in a much better place. I had seen several other psychiatrists in the past and most of them wanted to prescribe right away. He only wants to if it's really the right fit, which I really appreciated. Thank you dr. shore.

|  Top Psychiatrist in NJ  |  show details
by MT on Nov 21st, 2014

Dr. Shore is a knowledgeable, humble, compassionate, and accessible psychiatrist who has demonstrated the ability to address underlying conditions and provide a clear plan to care for his patients. I would recommend that anyone struggling with substance abuse and/or psychiatric illness seek therapy from this physician.

|  A Real TOP DOC  |  show details
by Ann on Nov 6th, 2014

Dr. Shore is very professional, and really cares about his patients.

|  Compassionate and Caring  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2014

I sought out Dr. Shore due to needing help with drug problems and anxiety. It was obvious within the first 10 minutes that he was highly knowledgeable, and by the end of the session I could see that he was caring as well. I have only seen him a couple of times, but he has been very helpful thus far.

|  patient  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2014

I had gone to Dr. Shore on a friend's recommendation, as I was having problems with depression and alcohol. I have now seen him about three times, and just now read some of his reviews. I am shocked by the negativity that a few people have written about him, as I absolutely did not see any of this. I found him to be extremely thorough, discussed his findings and treatment recommendations and had ample time to answer my questions. I highly recommend him.

|  What a rude man  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2013

OK the reviews I read are from people that suffer from addiction so who would believe them? I didn't and went to this man! After seeing his arrogant and rude behavior to me. This Dr needs peer review and to get himself looked at. Your instincts are correct. Just because your seeing this type of Dr doesn't mean you need to be treated poorly.

|  GUILTY AS CHARGED!  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2012

Dr. Michael Wayne Shore is every amount of arraogance and rudeness his patients accuse him of. He lacks people skills and can be very difficult and unpleasant to deal with. What he calls "gentle confrontation", in a previous response to a review, is by all means the biggest understatement of all time. Dr. Shore has no shame in being rude and disrespectful to you and even your family! It's not just his patients that are complaining about how rude and condescending he is...it's others who have unfortunately graced his presence. To sum things up...if you're looking for a dr. with empathy and mutual support...don't go to him...if you're looking for a dr. with good bedside manner and courtesy...don't go to him...BUT...if you're looking for a dr. who is puffed with arrogance, rude as all hell, and will talk to you only if the cash is right...then DR. SHORE IS YOUR MAN! Metaphorically speaking, if you're feeling down and out and decide to turn to Dr. Shore for support...he can provide you that extra push to make you jump off that bridge. It's so sad (shaking my head).

Doctor's Response

As I noted in an earlier reply, it is highly unfortunate that you appear consumed by bitterness and negativity. You certainly deserve a healer that can help you navigate the visscitudes of life, and attain a sense of well being and peace that will only be helpful to you and everyone who cares about you. It is unfortunate that I wasn't able to meet your therapeutic needs. I wish you well. Dr. Shore

|  Thank You, Dr.M.Shore!  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2012

When I came to Dr. Shore, many people thought that i will not survive. I followed the treatment and recommendations and after few years he helped me to get off the medications. I am doing very well at work and outside of work. For person who knocked to the doctor door: doctor can have a patient, this is YOU WERE thinking only about yourself.I would recomend Dr. Michael Shore to my friends and to everyone.

|  show details
Feb 13th, 2012

After reading the negative comments about Dr. Shore, I felt compelled to write a review. I didn't relate at all to the negative reviews of him. My experiences with him were positive. I went to him for Suboxone. He was correct in diagnosing my psychiatric conditions and prescribed the right amount of Suboxone. I found him to be knowledgeable and courteous and he was appropriately confrontive when the situation called for it. I could have gone to another doctor if I didn't care for Dr. Shore but I chose to continue to see him. He was also courteous in that he never kept me waiting past my appointment time. I felt that he did care about me and truly wanted to be helpful. The only reason I no longer see him is that I was temporarily staying in New Jersey and have returned to California, where I live. Otherwise, I would still be a patient of his. I have seen many psychiatrists over the years- for medication management and therapy- so I have a lot of psychiatrists to compare Dr. Shore to. I would refer him to a friend or family member and that is the best compliment I can give a doctor. He is not the person he has been described as in the negative reviews. Please weigh this review heavily, as it is totally honest and without any motive other than to respond to the negative reviews.

|  show details
Aug 3rd, 2011

He is an arrogant, condesending idiot. Shows no empathy and he is quite rude.

Doctor's Response

It is, simply, not the reaction that the overwhelming majority of my patients have towards my treatment of their myriad of conditions. Most of my patients have addictive disorders, and effective treatment sometimes requires gentle confrontation of their maladaptive behaviors.

|  Worst most narcissistic PERSON I have ever had the displeasure to know  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2011

i have a bad back and my body became, as I was unaware, to percocets. When I first met Mr. .shore he accosted me for knocking on his door. NO EMPATHY FOR SOMEONE GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWAL. He then diagnosed me as an alcoholic? Told me to go to AA meetings. I DON't drink?! He TELLS you what you are suffering from and if you don't agree then he finds you to be uncomfortably defensive. He prescribed me 12mgs of Suboxone 3 times a day! I was taking 5-6mg of percocet a day! I soon found myself with incredible headaches and unable to think. I told him and he said I would get used to it. To deal with this I had to go lower and lower without him knowing. To my surprise all I need was to split a 2mg tablet once a day. To test HIM to see if he wanted me to get off of the Suboxone he told me to UP the dosage and that he "has no vested interest in". My graduation off of this opiod agonist. I feel very lucky that I have half a brain cell as I was off of them within a year without him knowing that I wasn't taking 36 milligrams of Suboxone a day AND some type of non addictive, supposed type of medication to calm my nerves as his opinion dictated. TRAZADONE!? I felt like I slept for 3 days straight and was drooling like in 12 monkeys the movie at work.AGAIN, I had to feign that I tried it once and stopped as he is a very insecure self absorbed sociopath. How can one possibly, purposely try to get a paying, in cash, patient seeking help. The truth is if you don't have a PDR at your disposal and WANT to actually get off of a horrible drug that your body becomes acclimated to and KNOW FOR A FACT that you do not have an addiction and want to quickly get off of above said drug then DO NOT and I repeat for the well being of human- kind then I repeat...DO NOT GO TO MICHAEL SHORE. he will try to get yo to keep coming back by getting you addicted to a substance because he is horrid at his profession and I would submit a complete narcissist as a doctor should listen to his client and help instead of hinder.Bottom line is that it isn't easy to get off of Suboxone and Mr. Shore will try and get you addicted so that he can have a tax free income off of poor souls not knowing any better. I went to him on my own and my body became drug free ON MY OWN and then never went back to him and got a few messages from him that he only had "one slot left for another client", which honestly showed me the he has Absolutely NO interest in helping human kind.I don't like writing in this tone, however, it's been quite a spell since I saw him and I am writing this without emotion so I felt compelled to warn people as it IS my duty to have a vested interest in saving people who are vulnerable and need help in REALLY finding the truth of the manifestations within the subconscious mind, such as taking drugs, then as a warning DO NOT GO TO MICHAEL SHORE!!!One thing positive that I INDIRECTLY took from this experience was that I studied this predicament hard and have studied many drugs and behaviors and introduced myself to Carl Jung and my life came back to a level that for awhile I never that I would get back to IMMEDIATELY when I stopped seeing the always right, argumentative, narcissistic and counter productive to your life Mr. shore.If this saves one person who might not have the tools to combat some who wants to dig their trident into and ruin their lives by giving them false diagnosis' so he can have a nice tax free income then the time I took to write this was more than worth it. He should not be given the right to practice anything other than maybe...nothing. I truly believe his subconscious has swallowed his consciousness as he is a miserable little man that is trying to make people's lives worse.God bless you and consider what I have said if you are thinking of going to or ARE going to him...STOP GOING...you will see that what I have written rings true. Good luck in uncovering the journey of to bettering yourself and making the people in your life happy.(please forgive any mistakes made)

Doctor's Response

I have never prescribed anywhere near 36 mg of Suboxone per day to any patient in the over 600 patients I have treated with this often life saving medication. It is unfortunate that this individual has nothing better to do than write extensive diatribes with wholly inaccurate information. Falsehood after falsehood is contained in this review.

|  A  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2010

Dr. Shore is amazing, definatly one of my favorite docs i have ever seen( and thats a long list). I am a female in my young twentys and usually find it hard to connect/feel comfortable with docotrs, this is not the case with Dr. Shore he is extremly patient, kind and understanding. I've been seeing him for just over a year now and i am so happy with him, my younger brother just recently started seeing him as well( and likes him as much as i do). If you need a psychiatrist for any reason, I HIGHLY reccomend Dr.Shore, he definatly gets a 10 out of 10 in my book!!!!