Dr. Michael Sia MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Honolulu, HI

4.7

September 11th, 2015
Wow!
Wonderful care, support and guidance. Patient and kind. Great practical information and always available!

June 6th, 2015
The Best
Smart and utilizes Pediatric nurse practitioner together (2 for the price of 1!). I enjoy the discussion that focuses on my values, beliefs and understanding of the situation at hand. He feeds me great cutting edge information to allow the best care possible. Love that guy!!!

May 27th, 2015
He is the greatest!

May 6th, 2014
Caring, sensitive and compassionate
I am not a typical stay at home mother. I work in a prestigious law firm downtown and maintain a balance between my son, husband and work. Dr. Sia is so knowledgeable about the community service/entitlements (former public health educator) as well as how the private insurance companies work. When my son wasn't progressing with his expressive speech, Dr. Sia was right on to talk about how to enhance stimulation at home, and later providing a timeline for utilizing community services. He spent lots of time face to face, via emails and on the phone. In actuality, my son did well with home care and strategies provided by Dr. Sia to stimiulate expressive speech/language. Mahalos to someone that doesn't necessarily knee jerk or cook book Pediatrics. We love you Dr. Sia!

July 20th, 2013
Shh...best kept secret!
Dr. Sia exemplifies the ideal pediatrician. He is a C.S.I agent with the history and later perform a physical exam that is age appropriate and not "creepy." My kids love him dearly and perform with a maturity I have never seen with other caregivers. Medicine is gray and Dr. Sia is always discussing standards of care, clinical issues and sensitivity to my kid's needs. He is also sensitive to my needs as a working stiff. I truly think he is a great person and fantastic physician!!! ...but keep the chatter low-don't want this to become a rating that gets him too busy, (P.S. I am a doc too).

November 29th, 2012
Great guy. Very down to earth and knows how to communicate on my level. Very sensitive and empathetic. A dream find for my autistic son!

March 8th, 2012
Honest and easy going and accurate
I have nothing but enthusiasm for Dr. Sia. He is honest, relevant and accurate. Willing to discuss gray areas of a presentation/symptoms to formulate a diagnosis and plan that is obviously grounded in compassion. His easy going and friendly/happy behavior puts my kids at ease. I will he could see me!

May 19th, 2011
No BS
There are times when you need to cut to the chase and chat with a doctor to get to the bottom line-a diagnosis and treatment. Well, today was a perfect opportunity to know Dr. Sia is sensitive to my needs and overall stressors of life (work, career and a mean boss who is skeptical about my missed days caring for my kid). Fever, cough for 1 week-bam! After a few questions and exam-the bottom line-sinus infection needing a course of antibiotics. He was even sensitive about the tolerance for taste, swallowing pills vs liquid and cost. What a great sensitive to the point guy!!! signed a happy dad

April 18th, 2011
Down to Earth, patient and explains.
What a throw back to the days when doctors actually spent time to discuss complaints, perform a thorough physical exam and discuss impressions of what the diagnosis is. Treatmemt is elaborated in a "standard of care" framework, with some areas of "gray" zoned for theapy. Sia keeps the communication #1. My kids adore him and can't wait for going into his office to play with his toys while I speak to Dr. Sia about growth,developement and other issues. He is very happy and yet if needs to be -very focused and serious.

January 13th, 2011
Great Doc
Loved the TLC! I like his style of interaction with me as a mom and my kids.

December 24th, 2010
No doubt about it, Dr. Sia's the best! REALLY!
Okay, I don't always like to brag for fear of the flood gates opening up to dilute the quality that I am receiving. Dr. Michael Sia truly is sensitive to our plights as parents and is so honest, interactive in developing a diagnosis and treatment plan. If feel like a medical student (good thing!)

July 8th, 2010
Wow!
Comfortable, straight talker. Educated me about symptoms and diagnosis. Led me to join in the decision-making regarding diagnostic testing versus watching and waiting. Love the rapport with my kid. Very trustworthy guy.