Dr. Michael Simpson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 11th, 2016
GREAT SURGEON
Wonderful surgeon! He spent quality time with me and did a nice job on my foot surgery. Dr. Simpson is a very humble man. He treats you like you're an equal. I felt completely comfortable with him.

December 3rd, 2015
My first visit with Dr. Simpson was so favorable. He is professional, kind and smart. I loved his approach of not rushing into surgery without weighing all the options.

July 9th, 2015
Chronic pain--find another Dr.
Because I've just recently injured my foot/ankle, I'm again looking for a podiatrist. I have chronic pain in my feet and a developing bunion on one foot. But recently torqued something in my ankle or foot after a cycling outing. A couple of years ago I saw Dr. Simpson based on his high rating with the hopes he could offer some suggestions for relief. I'm still in disbelief that this guy gets such high ratings, because even though he looked at the xrays, all he could offer was a prescription for stronger NSAIDs stating that I have arthritis in my feet and there's not much else that can be done. Not something someone wants to hear that has been very active in sports. And especially when his bio states, "he is accustomed to treating the full spectrum of foot and ankle disorders from bunions to the most complex foot and ankle deformities." I guess unless you have an extreme injury, then maybe he'll take your case more seriously, but if you're an aging individual, you might want to look elsewhere.

June 23rd, 2015
My Hero
He is absolutely great!!!!!!!!!! He saved me by correcting 4 previous surgeries that were not performed well. I can still walk after 7 surgeries on the one foot. I love you for being there for me.

April 7th, 2015
Total Ankle Replacement
I suffered a pilon fracture of my left ankle when struck by an auto while riding my motorcycle. Two orthopaedic surgeons managed to save my foot but could offer little hope that I would be able to walk without pain and a severe limp. A referral from one of Dr. Simpson's satisfied patients led me to Premier Orthopedics in Colorado Springs Colorado where he performed a successful in bone arthroplasty. There are no words to express my gratitude to Dr. Simpson and his staff. He is truely a gifted surgeon.

July 17th, 2014
leg
Dr. Simpson is a great surgeon!!! I fell from 14 feet, broke my tibia and fibula. The bone was sticking 8 inches out of my leg. My foot was hanging from a little bit of flesh, but most of that was gone. I was expecting to wake up with a stump, but now I still have my foot and I'm walking. Got one more surgery to go and I'll be walking even better. GREAT SURGEON!!!!!

June 20th, 2014
Great surgeon, great office
Dr. Simpson did a stellar job repairing my damaged ankle and was able to recommend treatment beyond the cookbook approach for my condition (cavus foot). He and the staff answered every question and had me in good hands the entire time. Another doctor, not an orthopedist, said that the surgery I was about to have is a difficult one to get a good result with, but at four months post-op my foot is doing very well. It's too early to be 100% recovered, but it's easy to see that that everything's trending in the right direction. I expect to be playing some fairly demanding sports and skiing again when all is said and done.

June 12th, 2014
Dr. Simpson performed a subtalar joint fusion. Both he and his Physicians Assistant were compassionate and brilliant communicators. The surgery was flawless. Prior to the surgery, I was incapacitated, unable to walk. Now I am hiking 7 miles, rollerblading and skiing. Dr Simpson inspired complete confidence.

April 21st, 2014
DR. Simpson is the most caring DR I have ever met or been treated by. He gentle kindhearted spirit makes you feel at ease right away. He is very thorough and explains everything, answers your questions and makes you feel like you are the only patient he has that day. He did my knee surgery and I could not be happier. I will go back to him for my other knee and shoulder.

April 15th, 2014
PT
I had a work related injury, torn rotator cuff. Dr. Simpson and team surgically repaired it. He and his staff are wonderful to work with. They took time to listen, then explain the procedure and what the rehab would entail. I would highly recommend Dr. Simpson for any orthopedic referral. My expericnce with him and his staff has been a very good experience, my shoulder recovering very well, indicating a very successful surgical procedure.

April 10th, 2014
Care I recived for Worker's Comp hip, knee, foot injury
Out of all the worker's comp providers I found that Dr. Simpson listened to me. I kept expressing my concerns to the primary WC doctor to no avail. Dr. Simpson ordered the MRI, confirmed the issue I had been complaining of & even though it contradicted the primary WC doctor he supported the diagnosis. Dr. Simpson took the time to explain the process and what my options were. I would truly recommend him for care. Thank you.

March 6th, 2014
if you see this dr for workman's comp go see an independent doctor as well
He spent very little time, and I had the feeling he had his mind made up before he even saw me due to my case being workman's comp. He did not look at MRI only the MRI notes. Told me I had no tears in my ankle and to wait in pain another 6 weeks for a cortisone shot. An independent doctor explained I have a tear in the jointand gave me a shot of cortisone right away saying there is no reason to wait. Oh and he actually looked at the MRI DVD. What Dr. Simpson did or did not do for me was irresponsible, disrespectful and WRONG people hurt at work deserve honesty and the same treatment as others. Shame on you Dr. Simpson.