Dr. Michael Sluss MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3

July 28th, 2015
Friendly and Funny
My GP referred me to a neurologist after both the cardiologist and my doctor couldn't find the cause of my TIA mini-stroke episodes. When the neurologist office called me, they asked if there was a particular neurologist I wanted to see. Not knowing any of them, I said "no." I was assigned to Dr. Sluss. With the appointment several weeks away, I had time to do some research. Vitals had the most reviews and I became apprehensive after reading them. I had another appointment with my GP (who I really like) and she asked me what neurologist I was seeing. I said, "Dr. Sluss" and she responded, "oh, good. I've heard good things about him." That gave me more confidence in my appointment. Yesterday I saw Dr. Sluss. Not knowing what to expect, I was surprised by his instant sense of humor. It really helped break the ice and make the environment a friendly and welcoming one for me. At no time did I feel rushed and I felt that Dr. Sluss was asking all the right questions. He ran me through a series of visual tests, examined my reports from the other doctors and asked lots of questions. I felt like he was really trying to get to the root of my problem (TIAs and ongoing dizziness). When the session ended, he asked me if I had any questions for him. I had several. He took the time to listen and respond. At no time did I feel rushed. I was also impressed with his ability to explain things - he was very knowledgeable. For example, I told him my cardiologist had noted a pin-sized hole between the two chambers of my heart and he was able to give a thorough and simplified explanation of what that means (even though my cardiologist had already explained it to me). I felt good that he had a good grasp on what my issues were. With that he scheduled a blood test and scan for me. Those tests are yet to come, but I feel confident in my return appointment to see Dr. Sluss.

June 16th, 2015
Changing doctors too.
My husband saw him last month. We are both positive people, therefore this is the first negative review we have written. We both independently, left the office feeling the same way. To keep it simple, we felt like he was rude. Changing doctors, as my husbands general doctor said that there isn't any reason to be treated like that.

January 2nd, 2015
Caffeine headaches... for over 8 months?!
I'm glad it wasn't just me that thinks this doctor is awful! I had been suffering debilitating migraines for over 8 months, I could hardly work or leave the house and was in pain nearly daily. My doctor suggested i see Sluss and I went even though it was far out of my way and an absurd $50 copay. He spent barely 10 minutes in the room with me, and even though I told him that i hardly ever have caffeine, and not in any large or constant doses, he stated that I had caffeine headaches, I was amazed, could he not think that my primary doctor or I hadn't thought of that? However he would hear nothing else, insisted i cut out all caffeine for 2 months and come back. Needless to say I left, crying in frustration that this useless man pretty much shrugged me and my intense pain, off, and never returned, and never will.

January 22nd, 2014
Not returning
On our initial visit, my husband and I had to wait over 90 minutes past our appointment time to see Dr. Sluss. We were told it was because he was on call. The doctor's eyes were bloodshot and he looked tired and grumpy. His manner was gruff. At one point he snapped, "What do you think of Rush Limbaugh?" and then sat back and stared at us. (yeah, kinda awkward) We have since had an appointment with my husband's primary doctor who actually advised us not to return to Dr. Sluss. After reviewing Dr Sluss's notes our doctor said he had never seen chart notes that contained derogatory comments and assumptions before. Bad doctor.

August 23rd, 2012
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!! TERRIBLE!!!
2012: I actually work with Doctors & Nurses all day for a living and I can not convey what a colossal waste of time my seeing Dr. Sluss was. As many have already shared ~ my experience was negative and though I had been diagnosed with a concussion from a MVA by 2 MD's, a chiropractor & a physical therapist Dr. Sluss came two inches away from declaring it "not possible" for me to have a concussion & insinuated that all these symptoms were just in my head or anxiety ~ He did not address a single issue that I am presently struggling with and the entire visit was an exercise in invalidation and dismissiveness. It was like I was on trial and he was the judge who had already decided to throw my case out - it was absolutely ridiculous and extremely insulting to my own intelligence. If you are seeking REAL HELP this is NOT the doctor for you! I shared my experience with a co-worker and he stated that he & his wife had the same kind of experience when she saw him for Parkinson's Disease. This guy needs to retire and stop using patients who are in real need of good care as a means to pad his retirement fund before he finally makes it official. I feel so bad for anybody who has the misfortune of being referred to Dr. Sluss! I'm sorry to read mine is not the only bad experience~ sorry but not surprised!

July 29th, 2011
Very positive experience
I was referred to Dr. Sluss from the ER after a MVA. I read some of the limited reviews and was wary of seeing Dr. Sluss. I must say, my experience with the office, staff and Dr. Sluss have been exceptional. I've had three appointments and all were scheduled immediately, I waited no ore than 15 minutes in the reception area and even shorter wait once in the examine room. I found Dr. Sluss to have a sense of humor, attentive to what I was telling him regarding my symptoms and he was very engaging. I recommend Dr. Sluss to anyone who is in need of a vascular neurosurgeon.

December 28th, 2010
JERK
Saw this jerk years ago when he was in Green Bay Wi. and it was HORRIBLE. He YELLED at me and was rude. "God complex"...this one thinks he is GOD!Still, years later, have a hard time going to see a "new" Dr. due to the way this idiot treated me!

October 22nd, 2010
This guy thinks bedside manor is a fictional bed and breakfast in la la land. He should have a job where he doesn't have to talk to people at all.

September 7th, 2010
Dr. Sluss
Is a great doctor and very compassionate but direct. (tells you the root of the problem)Once you get to know him he is very caring. IE: took me as a patient even though i have no insurance and financially worked with me.Offers alternative methods rather then prescribing pills to mask the problem.

May 29th, 2010
Dr. Sluss was the doctor on call for my son's neurologist, and was very abrupt on the telephone with me and seemed annoyed that he had received my call. I will let my regular doctor know about this.

March 13th, 2009
Waste of time and money
The worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. Mr. Sluss is rude, highly opinionated and ineffective.

January 20th, 2009
could not describe how a medication worked when asked