Dr. Michael Smith-Obrien MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Springfield, MO

January 17th, 2016
I have been seeing this doctor for the past 16 years. He delivered my son, who is now 15 years old. He has been a wonderful doctor. I am sad to say that he is no longer practicing at Mercy. I will miss him greatly.

November 7th, 2014
Worst Doctor Ever!
I was referred to Dr Smith-O'Brien because I am having some severe issues with my uterus. He saw me twice and then sent me to St Louis, for a second opinion. He didn't send all my records to St Louis, and now I get get my surgery scheduled because of this. My doctor in St Louis has been trying to get the records for 3 months and still no response from Dr Smith-O'Brien or his office. Also, I have discovered that I was not sent to St Louis for a second opinion, as I was told by Dr Smith-O'Brien. He didn't want to take care of me, so he sent me to St Louis. That is the one thing I am thankful he did...I have an amazing Ob/Gyn taking care of me now. I wouldn't recommend Dr Smith-O'Brien to anyone....EVER!

December 23rd, 2013
Patient
He is so rude and disrespectful. On my first visit he told me I was overweight and most like was going to end up with a. C- section. I'm 5' 8" and weigh 180 yeah I'm over weight. But really how rude . The I didn't see him till I was 28 weeks along . I talk with don't of girls in the waiting room one day and they said he was ride to them as well. I will say he has some of the nicest nurse . he made me go over my due date even though my baby was already 10lb. When I got to the hospital he had already told the nurse I was going to have a c section even though I didn't want one. I ended up doing just fine with out one even with a 10lb 5oz baby. When he was sewing me up afterwards I asked him a question about what he was doing and he told me to wait till after he was done to ask anything and when he was done he got up and walk out of the room. Before I could ask him anything.

May 20th, 2011
Wonderful caring and knowledgeable doctor!
Dr Smith-O'brien is a wonderful doctor! My family and I all really care about him! He always makes you and your family feel comfortible! Always explains everything to where you can understand, and he really gets to know all of patients! Many friends have used him as well and feel the exact same way! You can tell that he really loves his job, and we would never use another doctor! We feel so blessed that we had the honor of him delivering our beautiful little girl! Highly recommended to everyone!

May 9th, 2011
Deluxe
Michael P Smith-O'Brien Was the first doctor I have never seen that does he work well I went to him while i was pregnant with my first daughter she is now 6 1/2 years old and she is still doing great keep up the awesome work!

February 28th, 2011
Dr Smith-O'Brien delivered my first baby. He was so caring and spent a lot of time with me during my prenatal visits and I really enjoyed his staff. One of his nurses never called answered her line so that was a bit obnoxius but every thing else was great. Highly recommend.

February 12th, 2011
Doesn't get to know his patients
I went to Dr. Smith-O'Brien after I became pregnant for the first time. Over the course of nearly 3 years I was in his office approximately 8 times and he performed 2 D&Cs on me. The next time I went to see him I heard him say my name outside my exam door and ask "Is this a new patient?". That was the end of it for me.