A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Smith is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Smith, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Breast Cancer
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Staphylococcal Infections (Staph Infection)
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from University of Louisville . He has 4 awards.
Dr. Smith has 23 hospital affiliations:
- The Christ Hospital
- Fort Hamilton Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Michael Smith MD is a male Surgeon, has 23 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John M. Smith practice?
- Dr. John Smith has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Smith practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Cincinnati, OH.
Additional practice locations include: Edgewood, KY.
See Cincinnati Surgeons.