Dr. Michael Smitherman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9
  • 23 reviews

January 7th, 2017
BIGGER PAIN THAN WHAT IS ALREADY INSIDE YOUR BODY
I wish I had read up on this doctor before spending my time and money to go see him. Everything written by my fellow 1 star internet friends is absolutely true. He is a giant arrogant A*hole who needs to be reported to the medical board,.

December 11th, 2016
I have the same experience with Smitherman. This guy is supposed to be an expert on fibro and I have seen him for several years only for him to keep prescribing more and more drugs that have terrible side effects. I seriously loath going to him. I've tried the alternative medicines only to get his condenseding attitude. He say do what I say or you won't get better. Well, I have done everything he has said including exercise (lost 50 lbs and now I'm rail thin) and am worse off now. He shows absolutely no compassion and after several years, I finally asked him for my records and referral to another doctor.

September 21st, 2016
He does down time with me. He is very prompt. I have my post it note with bullet points for him to address. I believe this is helpful for any doctor. My Psoriatic Arthritis at present is joint swelling. On and off meds and still swollen. I just want symptom relief. I wish Dr. SMItherman would say any other questions, but he is out the door and gone. I end up calling or sending messages via the portal. Guess this isn't working.

August 8th, 2016
Very disappointing
I found Dr. Smitherman to be very cold and irritated.. Dr.s are suppose to help and be compassionate. He left after my exam without telling me what my follow up would be. It's been a week sine my blood has been drawn and i still haven't gotten the results. Going to find someone else.

June 29th, 2016
He is an excellent doctor and spends time sitting and going over things with you.

January 22nd, 2016
Would NOT recommend!
Not compassionate, not empathetic, not a good listener and I did not feel he had even the slightest grasp of how I was feeling and what my symptoms were before he started pushing medications on me....muscle relaxers, Lyrica, etc that I was not comfortable taking without fully understanding what exactly they would do for my symptoms. He never explained to me what fibromyalgia even is, how it works and why these medications would be best to take. He did not have a long term game plan on how to make me feel better...just kept adding meds. I left his office in tears after he told me, "I can't help you unless you take this medication." I responded that I wasn't comfortable taking it, to which he responded, "then you can see a psychiatrist or would you rather sit here at talk to me for 30 minutes?" WHAT?!!? I will NEVER go back to see this doctor and would NEVER recommend him to another human being.

October 23rd, 2015
very rude and no bed side manner.

August 4th, 2015
Zero bedside manner. Very prompt though. I never had to wait and was out of the appointment in 15 minutes. Of course, that's because he doesn't make small talk at all.

May 14th, 2015
Second Opinion Turns into Primary Specialist
Needing a second opinion, I made an appointment with the doctor. This will be my only negative: the first available was weeks out, but I took it. During the appointment, the doctor listened to all details and responded thoroughly. I was actually surprised how much time he spent with me. The service was so outstanding, I will switch from my current specialist and use Dr. Smitherman.

April 1st, 2015
I like Dr. Smitherman. There is only so much he can do for me with my condition. I think he does the best he can.

February 16th, 2015
Recommending Dr. Smitherman
I find Dr. Michael Smitherman very knowledgeable, friendly and approachable for my multiple questions . He takes time not only explain the options but he is consistent with his treatment and goals.

October 16th, 2014
Do your research before you see a new Dr.
If you do your research before you go you probably would not see this Dr. who probably has untreated mental problems or just wants to treat superficially and bring in the bucks.Ask questions of anyone who has knowledge of this Dr. A Dr. who treats fibromyalgia with all info out there has a great deal to offer not just one pill.