Dr. Michael Sparr MD Patient Reviews

January 7th, 2016
New patient has a very positive review
I had no knowledge of Accelerated Recovery Specialists, Dr Sparr, Dr Schepler or their staff before I was referred to them by my GP in the fall of 2015. This was after a neurology doctor's office told me I couldn't be seen until Jan 2016 which was three months out. I was in too much pain to wait for three months. An MRI by another office diagnosed severe arthritis of the spine. I was referred to Dr Sparr for an EMG to confirm I had a cervical radiculopathy (pinched nerve for us layman). For the record I am a grumpy 67 year old retired USAFR Lt Col that takes no drugs where the precaution list is longer than the cure list and avoids doctors if at all possible. I have no qualms telling someone that provides me poor service how I feel about it but I do it in person. I have never posted a review on a website like this before so this is new to me. But I had to respond after I read the negative reviews that were totally opposite to my experience at Dr Sparr's office. So here is my experience: Deena has done all my scheduling and has been absolutely wonderful by helping me get in quickly in mid Nov 2015 and then rearranging another apppointment I needed to cancel because of my constraints at short notice. I am not familiar with the office person referred to as Doreen mentioned in one review so I can't comment there. Dr Sparr has been absolutely outstanding and spent more time with me than any doctor I have ever visited. In fact I was shocked on how much time he spent with me given how busy he is. He was completely thorough while the EMG was going on explaining the readouts, followed by what my diagnosis was and potential treatment plan. After the EMG was completed the results were sent back to my GP. I was so impressed with Dr Sparr I specifically requested he perform my follow up treatment. I was treated with a series of oral steroids for about week. This cleared up almost all of my pain and most of the numbness in my arm. Dr Sparr next recommended that an epidural steroid injection be performed by his partner, Dr Scheper, to take down any inflammation that might be causing the remaining pain and numbness. At no time did I feel coerced into any treatment and I was given all possible options. I had done a lot of research on the internet so I trusted his recommendations. Next Dr Scheper performed the epidural steroid injection at the Audubon Pain Center. The support staff there are not part of Dr Scheper's or Dr Sparr's office but provided outstanding service. Once again I received the same exceptional treatment from Dr Scheper (Jan 5, 2016). He thoroughly explained the injection process. I elected to stay awake during the procedure and it went exactly as he explained. On all visits I received a follow up call to insure I was doing okay. I found the office wait time as normal for any specialty doctors office. I feel very fortunate to have been referred to Dr Sparr's office with no prior knowledge. I would highly recommend Dr Sparr, Dr Scheper and their wonderful staff to my family, friends and anyone else. Frankly it boggles my mine how the three negative reviews posted could be so radically different than my very positive experience. I hope this helps anyone that is deciding to use Accelarated Recovery Specialist.

November 30th, 2015
patient
very rude staff, would not recommend them

November 12th, 2015
BEWARE!
The office staff, specifically the office manager Doreen was awful and rude. After several attempts to work with the office and Doreen I decided to drive an hour to see another provider. Dr. Sparr himself never returned calls or handled concerns regarding his office staff, specifically Doreen.

September 14th, 2015
The Best you will find
Dr. Sparr is the physician I recommend for my friends & family because he is the best physiatrist, pain management specialist you will find. He solved my pain problems when other doctors could not.

April 8th, 2015
So sincere and Honest
Wonderful, he actually listens to you,also explains everything, no matter what you ask him, he is always Honest, upfront, the best I have had in many years, best of all he is not a pill pusher.

October 10th, 2014
Dr Sparr is the best person to ever walk the face of the earth
Dr Sparr is so amazing. He gave me the opportunity to make the NHL and later become the Avs captain. As a result of this, I will draft his son to the NHL as soon as he is 17. Thank you so much Dr. Sparr for everything you have given me!

Health Guides