Dr. Michael Star MD Patient Reviews

• 15 reviews

March 15th, 2016
Over Charge specialist
Saw Dr. Starr after a 5 year period at a local clinic he visits once a month. I came in complaining of chronic shoulder pain and after a 15 minute app ...

August 24th, 2015
All of the doctors that I have dealt with in this group are fabulous. I have always gotten excellent care plus they really listen when you talk to them about any issues!

July 29th, 2015
WATCH... he works for the insurance companies...he was paid $2000 to be an independent medical examiner... which he isn't.. AND he said there was nothing wrong with me.. I just got out of the hospital... I was totally in shock.... stay away... he will be highly paid by the insurance company...... and then we have no recourse... what a scam.....

May 27th, 2015
Dr. Star is rude and arrogant. I was in pain and could not manage the physical therapy that he had prescribed. When I went back to his office complaining of on-going pain, he basically "threw" me out of the office and told me that I had not followed his instructions. He has a God complex. Not a nice man

October 21st, 2014
Dr. Star and his staff made me feel very comfortable and I learned a new treatment that's been most successful !

February 6th, 2013
K Sanford
Dr. Star has my every confidence, very professional and attentive. If I ever have trouble with my knee again, I'll go to him.

January 6th, 2012
Professional Doctor
Dr. Star is clearly a seasoned surgeon. I've always been impressed by his professional attitude and authentic bedside manner.

November 16th, 2011
D Narcum, Santa Rosa
I found Dr. Michael Star to be very proficient in his knowledge and skill. I went to him in extreme pain and unable to walk any distance. He ordered an xray and diagnosed me with advanced hip arthritis and a birth defect in my hip joint.Through his expert knowledge and skill as a surgeon, he was able to correct the defect and do a total hip joint replacement. I no longer have any pain and am now able to get back to power walking for exercise.I highly recommend Dr. Star. He gave me his undivided attention and patiently answered all my questions in a way I could understand. He gave me my life back and I am grateful.

November 14th, 2011
Genuine Care
I had seen many doctors over a two year period for chronic pain in my lower back. All the doctors I saw before Dr. Star seemed to only care about my insurance and about how I would effect their reputations. Dr. Star was the first one to really give me his full attention. He's a really nice guy and excellent surgeon. I couldn't recommend a doctor more.

July 7th, 2011
My go-to orthopaedist
10 years ago I made an appointment with Dr. Star for an exam of my knee which had troubled me for most of my life. After 2 past major surgeries, 1964 and 1981, I knew a total replacement was my next step. Within 6 months I went dancing. I've had no trouble since.

January 25th, 2011
Don't waste your time
"I don't care how much you know until I know how much you care". A true saying and this guy cares only about money and his personal ego. Came in with genuine back pain and I was treated as a melingerer.Look elsewhere.

December 9th, 2010
W/C patients beware
Dr. Star accepts Workers Compensation patients but seems to be working for the insurance company not the patient. I went to him with a W/C back injury and he basically reported he saw nothing wrong with me and said I exibited drug seeking behavior. His insurance weighted diagnosis sent me into treatment denials that took almost 8 months to reverse. When I finally was approved to see another physician his report questioned not only Dr. Stars diagnosis but also his integrity as a physician. Enough said!