Dr. Michael Starr MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology New York, NY

3.8

February 2nd, 2017
Does this sound like a scam to you?
Does this sound like a scam to you? Dr. Starr advertises 20 insurance plans on his site. I called and specifically asked if he accepted my plan. I was on a speakerphone so my primary physician could confirm their acceptance of my plan. I took two hours off from work to make the appointment. When I arrived at the office, in need of care, the receptionist breezily reported, “Oh, we don’t take this insurance, I don’t know who told you that we did.” But then, and this is where the possible con comes in to play, the receptionist offered, “Well, if you really need to see the doctor, you can pay him cash.” No doubt this sort of scheme might well yield onus cash to the bottom line, especially among patients who are in dire need of medical attention. I believe a lawyer might call this an instance of “Fraudulent inducement.” Whatever faith one might have had in Dr. Starr’s medical capacity was completely shattered, in my experience. I’ve had fantastic medical attention in New York. I’ve witnessed so many dedicated and honorable physicians at work. I deeply regret having to post this review. But perhaps it will help others who seek medical attention.

November 30th, 2015
MEDICAL ASSISTANT
he is great!

August 25th, 2015
what you would hope for in an ideal visit with an alert, capable, and caring physician

September 11th, 2012
Excellent Care
Dr. Starr has treated me for many years. He is caring and diligent in helping me with a really bad set of eyes. He is the best!