Dr. Michael Stechison MD, PHD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Lawrenceville, GA

• Good
  • Bad

May 26th, 2017
Great Doctor apsolutly did what he said he would do and he fixed me.

March 2nd, 2017
Condescending Attitude
Not a nice person. Acts as if he knows everything, even diseases outside of his specialty. Claims nothing is wrong even when other doctors agree their is an issue. Says you don't need treatment and should just rely on pain medicine, even when the pain medicine is ineffective. Worst doctor I have ever seen. Regret wasting my time seeing this doctor.

March 21st, 2015
Horrible experience! He is rude arrogant and unprofessional. Stay away!!!!

July 5th, 2012
He's so creepy. I can't even look at him.

May 24th, 2012
pain
I was better off without him touching me, he botched my back surgery. I was wounded in Iraq and he was reccomended as a good doctor. I was better off without his operation to put a rod on each side of my lowerlumbar. He went in only put 1 rod on the right side and did not put the a rod on the other side. He said because my muscle was too hard to cut thru. I am in more pain than I was before he touched me. he ruined my life,,

November 8th, 2010
Patient
MY hero! Clearly diagnosed, proposed and executed surgery with minimal amount of delay. Staff is fabulous and so accommodating and pleasant during a "not so pleasant" experience/trauma. Hands down, the BEST TEAM we've had the pleasure of working with!

September 1st, 2010
Excellent surgeon witha very caring nature.
Dr. Stechison did spinal surgery on me after many long years of severe pain. I had sen other doctors and had treatment of many different varieties. His manner, knowledge and extremely calming way of explaining what he recommended was the reason I final agreed to surgery. Results were excellent and I wish I had found him many years before.

July 1st, 2010
Great doctor save my life on 2004 an again God used in 2010 to save my life for a possible tumor on my brain talked to my whole family about it and we decided that he is the best of the BEST!!

June 28th, 2010
Misdiagnosed
A visit with Dr. Stechison proved to be the worse experience I have ever had with a physician. He had me in tears when I left his office. He is very rude and condescending in his response to your symptoms. He told me that pretty much nothing was wrong with me and that I just needed some pain management medication. After switching to another neurosurgeon, I eventually was properly diagnosed and had two discs removed in my neck. I am thankfully on my way back to feeling like my old self again.

May 1st, 2010
This is the most arrogant Doctor I have ever had an encounter with. He is unprofessional and seems very hostile. I would never recommend him

July 23rd, 2008
Very strange experience
First consult with Dr. Michael Stechison. Never felt more uncomfortable around a medical professional as I did with Dr. Stechison. Bedside manner was atrocious and his whole demeanor was arrogant. Claims on his webpage to be an outstanding listener and wants family involved. Not the case at all. He will tell you his assessment of your condition with very little input on your part. He does not view MRI films with you. He will leave the exam room to view them more than once and return to render his opinion. Very strange approach to Dr. / patient care.

June 6th, 2017