A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Steiner:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Steiner is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Steiner, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Evidence-based Medicine
- HIV Infections
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Stomach Flu (Gastroenteritis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Steiner graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Steiner has 9 hospital affiliations:
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
- Good Samaritan Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Steiner accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 11 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan