A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Stiefel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Stiefel is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Arteriovenous Fistula
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Brain Injuries
- Brain Ischemia
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carotid Stenosis
- Central Nervous System Vascular Anomalies (Brain Vascular Malformation)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Internal Carotid Artery Dissection
- Intracranial Hypertension
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Vascular Malformations
- Vertebral Artery Dissection
Education & Awards
Dr. Stiefel graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Stiefel has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Westchester Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Stiefel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Mercy Care Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 18 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Hudson Health Plan - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael F. Stiefel practice?
Dr. Michael Stiefel practices Neurological Surgery near Hawthorne, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA.
See Hawthorne Surgeons.