Overall Review

October 31st, 2016
20 yrs. ago I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. My right kidney was removed. In Dec. 20l5 I was diagnosed with cancer again. I was referred to Dr. Stifelman. I had a second opinion and chose Dr. Stifelman because he would do it robotically. The other doctor was going to operate the same as 20 yrs. ago with a scar across my stomach. In February 20l6 Dr. Stifelman removed the tumor and kept my kidney intact. I was out of the hospital in less than 24 hours. Have just had my 9 month checkup and the Doctor said all is well. Dr. Stifelman is one in a million: professional, compassionate, skilled beyond expectation and I feel lucky to be alive. God bless him and all he does for so many people. Reading his reviews is inspirational. Thank you Dr. Stifelman.

October 9th, 2016
Exceptional
Dr. Sifleman's name was given to me with the highest recommendation. He proved to be that and more. His professional manner, honesty and not to mention his surgical skills were exceptional.

June 19th, 2016
FEELING SO BLESSED AND GREAT
I have been seeing Dr. Stifelman for the last 3 years, and from the moment I met him until this day he and his staff have been so exceptional!!! His knowledge,bedside manner,patience and professionalism are second to none.I love fitness and love that I can get back to what I love doing without missing a beat.I would definitely recommend him to anyone needing a good and great doctor especially people that might be apprehensive about hospitals or doctors.He has wonderful spirit so the job can get done.In other words he is fantastic.

June 17th, 2016
This was the best Doctor I ever meet he is not nly on the top of his profession but he is a great guy that really cares

April 14th, 2016
My 2nd opinion became my one and only choice.
After being diagnosed with a tumor on my kidney my urologist said that due to the location of the tumor he would have to remove the entire kidney which obviously was devastating news. He recommended two different surgeons for a second opinion - one of whom was Dr. Stifelman. I went into my appointment with Dr. Stifelman knowing that he was a top surgeon but in all honesty I was expecting to hear the same prognosis. I was hoping Dr. Stifelman was going to tell me that he could operate on me robotically and that he could save my kidney...and thank God that is exactly what he told me! His friendly and confident demeanor put me at ease. He explained what he was going to do, was forth coming in regard to what my recovery was going to be like and answered all my questions. After meeting with him the morning of the surgery I knew I was in the best hands. During my post-op visit I reminded him that the original prognosis was the loss of my kidney...his response - "not on my watch". Dr. Stifelman is the embodiment of what a 21st century surgeon should be. He employs cutting edge technology with the goal of preserving rather than removing. Dr. Stifelman is a world class surgeon with excellent bedside manner (a rare combination amongst surgeons). He is "the best of the best".

November 5th, 2015
SECOND OPINION
If it weren't for my daughter's persistence and a second opinion from Dr Stifleman, I would have had an unnecessary radiation treatment for my prostrate cancer. My first biopsy was positive for cancer in one quadrant with a Glesson score of 6. Dr Stifleman recommended "Active Surveilance" . My MRI and next biopsy was negative. A second opinion and a through review of the options and side effects is a must. Don't make a decision before you have all the facts. Although Dr Stifleman is a surgeon, one may think he would recommend surgery. You would be wrong, his decision and recommendation is based on what is best for his patient based on the facts of each case.

October 22nd, 2015
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer surgery went very well and no pain.dr.michael stifelman is a caring physician and great urologist.

September 18th, 2015
I recently consulted with Dr. Stifelman to get a second opinion on proposed treatment for a newly diagnosed Urothelial Carcinoma. My experience with Dr. Stifelman and his staff was outstanding. He is extraordinarily knowledgeable, and was very generous with his time. He arranged for timely scheduling of imaging studies, which were, in fact, useful in determining the course of my treatment. He listened to, and addressed my many questions, concerns, and fears with clear explanations, much needed information, compassion, and kindness. And, although he knew that I live too far away to be his patient, he telephoned a few days after we met to see how I was, and what decision I had made regarding treatment. I am proceeding according to his recommendation, and I feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet with him. He is, to me, what a truly fine doctor should be.

September 14th, 2015
This doctor is wonderful. He takes the time to explain everything in detail and answer questions. He even continued to follow up with my father after he lost his insurance. A real gem of a human.

September 5th, 2015
A Brilllant Surgeon
Four years ago, I was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in my right ureter. So, I went to a brilliant surgeon, Dr. Michael D. Stifelman. During the operation the tumor was discovered not to be a cancer. Instead the tumor was an amyloid. I didn’t know until then but I have an extremely rare disease called amyloidosis. Since the tumor was not cancerous the kidney could be saved. But how to do it? The amyloid’s removal would cause the ureter to be too short to connect back to the bladder. Dr. Stifelman’s associates wanted to reschedule the operation. But Dr. Stifelman said no! He wanted to solve the problem right then and there and not subject me to additional risks since I was 76 years old, under general anesthesia and I had heart complications So, three and half hours after I was brought into the operating room, someone came out and told my wife that I didn’t have cancer and that they were just then going to start the operation (my wife wondered what they were doing all that time). During that time interval Dr. Stifelman “hit it out of the park.” He figured it all out in his mind and then performed the first ever such operation: Since the ureter, after the removal of the amyloid, would be too short to reach back to the bladder, he ingeniously relocated my bladder to a position whereby both my ureters could be successfully connected to the relocated bladder. Thus, he saved my kidney! It was an eight and half hour operation. When I came out of it I only felt discomfort but no pain. Four years later, now at the age of 80, I walk for miles and swim 100 laps and get up no more than once a night to urinate. As aforementioned, Dr. Stifelman is a brilliant surgeon. As an added bonus he is a great and humble gentleman who is truly doing God’s work here on earth

August 16th, 2015
Mrs.
Wonderful person and Highest level professional as well as good staff.

August 6th, 2015
Dr Stifelman is very patience with answering my questions and explaining the process as necessary. He exudes confidence of his diagnosis and explanation of what will happen with my surgery. His calmness helps keeping me calm as well, which I know also helps with my recovery. Thank you!