Dr. Michael Strolla DO Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

November 2nd, 2016
I saw Dr. Strolla today for an IPN evaluation. You have to understand that I have seen 3 different evaluators for IPN at this point and he is by far the best. He actually takes the time to talk to you and genuinely wants to hear what you have to say about yourself. I completely felt like he had my best interests at heart. Those of us that are involved in IPN and PRN rely heavily on evaluators as they have the power to change the course of our lives with their recommendations that are based on our, let's not forget, BAD actions. While there definitely are evaluators who have completely unrealistic expectations, Dr. Strolla is not one of them and if you have to be evaluated for this program you should do yourself a favor and go to Tampa to see him.

June 17th, 2016
Do NOT go see this doctor if you are in an IPN/PRN program or are about to be. Just do NOT do it. You are given other options and should take them. This is an IPN/PRN mill. I am surprised that they don't sell jewelry in the lobby. No matter your circumstances you will be referred to inpatient rehab and this physician is a partner for this rehab. Here is how he does it: He recommends inpatient treatment BUT ONLY inpatient treatment that is "healthcare associated" meaning that your options are limited as to where to go and if you live in this area you will have no choice but to go there. Don't worry though, their very own sales representative will contact you. I'm serious. DON'T DO IT.

March 31st, 2016
Greatest Doctor!!
I am beyond grateful to have Dr strolla as not only my doctor but someone who cares unconditional of me not only as a patient but as a person. Always when my expectation of the impossible, due to bad last minute timing, a new insurance company rule they just put into effect last night at midnight, out of town out of luck. There he would be to the rescue. The satisfaction of having someone taking such care of you is more than appreciated. everyday is truly a betterment due to him!

September 22nd, 2015
Horrible experience with this evaluator. Really only spent 10 minutes with me. Then sent me to a salesman to tell me how his facility was cheaper and better than any other near by, and that their also included food? This program is a self referral system and not an independent evaluation at all. I really wish I took my chances with a lawyer and the DOH in the beginning. I highly advise you to seek legal advise before you enter.

April 1st, 2015
GREAT DOCTOR!!!!
The best doctor I have ever seen while in recovery!! Very easy to talk to

February 4th, 2015
Appt with Dr. Strolla
I wish I would have read these reviews prior to going to see Strolla for an IPN evaluation. I did not have a good experience and it has nothing to do with being "in denial" or being "vindictive." First of all I was referred to see Dr. Myers and he is the person I researched and thought that I would be seeing. The most I saw of this doctor was his degrees on the wall. "Dr." Strolla actually advised me to stop taking a medication that my psychiatrist prescribed. I don't think it was his place to advise me to do so and I will be reporting him to IPN as a result. Strolla is your typical power hungry control freak. He believes that he is God and has all the answers and wants to make sure that YOU know that when meeting with him. For example he would explain something very simple to me and follow it by saying, "Do you understand what I am telling you?" To which I replied, "Yes." His reply then was,"Do you really understand or are you just saying that you do?" He made me feel so tiny (which I'm sure was his intent). He also took phone calls in the process of our meeting, which is understandable for a doctor to do...but he would say specific things about other patients which is NOT acceptable. If I have any advice for you...see another specialist. Your life, reputation, and ultimately your treatment depends on this visit; it is so important to trust the judgement of the professional you are seeing. Everyone else in this practice was very nice and helpful. However, the title of "Doctor" and "Asst Medical Director" has clearly gone to Strolla's head. He is not in this for the right reasons.

November 13th, 2014
IPN/PRN evals
A brief comment in regard to the prior post where the writer stated it is a "conflict of interest" for the evaluator who runs a treatment center to make recommendations. Agreed, absolutely. Excellent point. Fact: It IS a conflict of interest, but that argument will fall on deaf ears... this system is utterly corrupt and morally bankrupt. All of the evaluators in Florida have some kind of controlling interest in a tx facility. Unethical? You bet. But that's the way it is. Bottom line, the experience I had with Strolla was downright pleasant compared to the experience I had with Teitelbaum and the Shands physicians. They are the worst of the worst. In my experience, Strolla is your best bet. I'm rating him well not even because I trust him or his methodology, but because the experience I had with him was so, so much better than with Shands/FRC. If you want to be treated with respect instead of degraded, Strolla is the guy you want.

May 26th, 2014
I do not recommend Dr Strolla if you are going for an IPN evaluation. I believe it is a conflict of interest for a physician to be a partner in a drug rehab and to be doing these evaluations.

February 28th, 2014
Recovering Addict/ Patient
I am so grateful for Dr. Strolla and HCC. They have saved my life. I was in active addiction when I was referred to Dr. Strolla but was not yet ready to admit I had "A Problem". I resistantly did as Dr. Strolla recommended even though I didn't think I needed inpatient therapy and I am so glad I did. If it wasn't for Dr. Strolla, I would not have just lost my license but my life. Addiction is a deadly disease that tells me I don't have anything wrong. If you are being referred to Dr. Strolla or are looking for help with a drug or alcohol "problem", it is not on accident. Dr. Strolla's ability to communicate and care for patients is second to none. He is an amazingly compassionate person with a genuine empathy for his patients. His lack of ego and experience with the disease has given him knowledge that textbooks can not teach. God sent me to Dr. Strolla and I am so grateful. If you are in need of treatment for addiction, you are not alone. Just know there is help and Dr. Strolla will help you too!

January 5th, 2014
Highly Recommend!
I have seen Dr. Strolla twice, for an initial intake eval and for a return to work recommendation. In my experience, he is a warm and gracious man who takes his time and strives to report accurate information as it is presented to him, He is direct and honest. This has not been my experience with all of the local physicians in this field; my interactions with any Shands doctors were lamentable at best. If you are a medical professional and require an eval in Florida, I would urge your to consider Dr. Strolla; he is unbiased, fair, and compassionate. I am so grateful that an evaluating physician with his integrity was available to me.

November 11th, 2013
Doc Mike is the best!
Doctor Strolla saved my life in 2007 and I can't thank him enough for the impact he has had in my life. I have seen the compassion this man has when trying to help people deal with their disease of addiction and he is always there to help when needed. He takes the time to talk to me whenever I need someone to listen. He has leant his knowledge and advice to me and my family over the years and I am truly grateful to God for having our paths cross. It's an honor to call Doc Mike my friend!

October 23rd, 2013
EXCELLENT physician
Dr. Strolla is an incredibly compassionate, professional and competent physician. After i completed treatment, I decided to keep him as my treating physician because he truly has his patients' best interest as a number one priority. Dr. Strolla has gone above and beyond for myself and countless others. I would most definitely recommend him to those I care for most.